“GREAT STEAK IN HUNSTVILLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grille 29

Grille 29
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 594 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 72
Description: Grille 29 is Huntsville hottest new concept in upscale-casual dining. Located in the heart of Providence Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass . The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.
Huntsville, Alabama
“GREAT STEAK IN HUNSTVILLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

Grille 29 was great! Excellent food with good and reasonably priced wine list, relaxing ambience, low noise level, excellent service with knowledgeable wait staff, and no hype. My meal was superb: heirloom tomato gazpacho with lump crab, NY strip (cooked perfectly), lobster mashed potatoes, and green beans. I do not normally do dessert, but had to this time. The spiced pumpkin cheesecake, individually made, with bourbon caramel topping was the best I’ve had. This place beats Connor’s hands-down.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Grill 29”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

Best upscale dining in Huntsville, a little pricey but worth it.

1 Thank dhuf
Alabama
“One of the Best Places in Huntsville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

Hubby and I love this place for a nice night out. The interior is very modern and stylish. Seating is comfortable. Service has always, consistently been excellent, as has the food. We've had several of the menu items...my faves are the filet and ahi tuna and the husband digs the pasta dishes. They often have excellent specials as well. I like the "salad 29" and the gorgonzola fondue is also an excellent appetizer. And the desserts....oh my goodness. This is one of the few places where often order separate desserts because they are just too good to share. The souffles, the tiramisu, creme brulees....all so wonderful. The prices are a bit steep, but fair for the quality. Portion sizes are right on.

US
“Grill 29 needs to post a wanted ad for a real chef”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

On the advice of an aquaintance I took my girl to Grill 29 instead of one of the restaurants I already knew in the Huntsville area. Called got a reservation for an as private table as possible...the staff did the best they could. The first bottle of wine I ordered was out of stock, it happens, the problem is the selection for wine is so weak you are forced to get something you don't want. We had a gorgonzola fondue as an appetizer...to die for. At this point I knew I had made the right choice, as far as the food went. Then came the main course a "pan fried" fish dinner that might as well have been deep fried, and a sauteed fish dinner. Both were absolutely disgusting, too much salt so you couldn't taste the fish and very poorly done. I wish I had gone to The Melting Pot , or one of the other many fine restaurants in Huntsville. I do know that Grill 29 is a NEVER DO AGAIN. Service was good, but that just doesn't make up for the horrendous food.

Birmingham, Alabama
“excellent expereince”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

Just got back from a weekend in Huntsville area and decided to try this place despite overall poor reviews on TA. I was not disappointed in the least and was thoroughly impressed by both the quality of the food and service.

We shared the mussel appetizer and it was delicious...and huge! a full 2 pounds I think, this could be a meal in its own right. Then I had the house sirloin, again, it was phenomenal cooked mid rare and served with garlic mashed. She had mahi special and was also impressed. loved the southern grit style side item they offer--truly unique.

what i really enjoyed was the service, which was unpressured and flawless. first time I have ever had a server suggest that we not order any more food, as our appetizer was so big and we nearly ordered salads that would have filled us up. wine service also top notch, as they bring the bottle to your table even for by the glass options. nice touch.

would definitely return. prices are steep, but fair for the quality.