“Good meal”
Review of Grille 29

Grille 29
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 598 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 72
Description: Grille 29 is Huntsville hottest new concept in upscale-casual dining. Located in the heart of Providence Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass . The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.
“Good meal”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were dinner guests after a business meeting and arrived promptly at 6:00PM.
Our host had just arrived and was already seated.
A great server offered us some very tempting specials and then offered to answer any questions.
We all chose fish, Scallops & Tuna. Both meals were super and we thoroughly enjoyed.

Great atmosphere and nice wines. ... Good service = I'll come back here soon!

• Visited December 2013

Media, Pennsylvania
“expensive and not all that”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It's beautiful and has very good service. Within one block of 2 hotels. Good beer selection, and I like the crab gazpacho. Otherwise, meh. Have been here 4x, each time swearing I'd blow off my co-workers the next time. Guess I'm too nice, because I keep joining them and hating myself. Huntsville is a food desert -- proof: this place being highly ranked.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank bveo12
“Very, very, nice evening”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My son and daughter-in-law took me to Grille 29 Friday night. What a delicious meal, pleasant atmosphere and excellent, attentive service. We stayed and stayed and never felt rushed. Perfect wine, appetizers, meal, dessert and champaign. Would definitely go back.

Visited November 2013
“Good food.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food. I was very satisfied. A once in a while treat because prices are steep but it is the best steak I can find in town.

• Visited February 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“I'm Always Pleased at Grille 29!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have eaten here several times, and I have always had a most positive experience. My friends and I ate here on a Wednesday evening and were seated in a comfortable booth. The server was friendly and although we all drank water (mine was with lemon), he brought them quickly after we were seated. He explained the evening's specials to us as well. Warm, sliced bread with butter was brought to our table. The butter was just at the right consistency for spreading on the bread; not too soft and not hard. After we finished our bread, our server brought us another loaf. The bread is very delicious! I ordered the Grouper Oscar which I always order. I was not disappointed this time either! The grouper was grilled and did not have a strong fishy flavor; mild, just the way I like it. It was beautifully presented with perfectly cooked asparagus laying across the grouper, and Hollandaise sauce was around the edges of the plate as well as drizzled over the asparagus. If you do not like asparagus, this will change your mind! In addition, a formed mound of flavored, sticky rice was also on the plate and is absolutely delicious especially dipped in the Hollandaise sauce. My friends ordered the crab cakes and the tuna steak, both of which were beautifully presented on the plates. Dessert is the best part of any meal--especially at Grille 29! There are so many good choices for desserts, it is hard to choose. This time I chose the Chocolate Souffle with a whiskey cream sauce. It has to be ordered ahead of time as it takes 25 minutes to prepare. One friend ordered the Sour Cream Fudge Cake, and the other ordered the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. I really enjoyed my Chocolate Souffle! My friends also like their desserts as well! Service was attentive, but not intrusive, and the waiter refilled my water glass several times; I drink a lot of water! As always, it was a great meal! I can't wait to eat there again!

• Visited November 2013