“Italy in Huntsville”
Review of Grille 29

Grille 29
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 616 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 72
Description: Grille 29 is Huntsville hottest new concept in upscale-casual dining. Located in the heart of Providence Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass . The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Ate here one evening and dined outside on the patio and it felt like we were back in Italy with the outside fountain and nice weather.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Been here numerous, numerous times over the years, but hadn't tried their brunch last month. Service was "spot on" and the food was good. My friend and I both had the smoked salmon eggs benedict - $12.00-- (smoked salmon, dill cream cheese, finished with srirachi aioli) with a side - I chose the rosemary roasted potates, and she had the grits. Each of our plates had some type of muffin on it, too. The eggs bene were great. Perfect ratio of eggs to muffin, and good flavor. I didn't notice/taste the srirachi and the cream cheese didn't have dill in it, but there was a nice sprig of fresh dill atop each "bene." The roasted spuds were slightly undercooked so I only ate one, friend's grits looked really good, but I forgot to ask her if they were. I don't like muffins so I didn't eat that.

Yes, they offer 29 cent mimosas (or flutes of champagne if you don't want the OJ) until 11 AM , then 3.00 mimosas till 2:00 when brunch ends.

Later, I met another friend (at Grille 29) to celebrate her b'day and we ordered the sampler platter. Again service was TOP NOTCH. We moved outside and enjoyed the breezy pretty covered patio area. The (shareable) appetizer sampler platter was HUGE! ($34.00) and had ~ 4 thai peanut chicken satay (which I found slightly dry/overcooked, but the sauce was nice); and a HUGE pile of firecraker shrimp, which were good, on a bed of lettuce; and lobster and shrimp flatbread, which was skimpy on the lobster, and actually had a fishy odor. I wanted to love the flatbread dish so much that I squeezed lemon on it, and still couldn't get past the smell and overall lack of "wow" factor/flavor--but, my friend didn't take issue with any of the appetizers, so she had a lot of leftovers to take home with her. : -) So, it really will fill up 4 adults. We didn't order dinner after the sampler, it is a lot of food.

Service is always good at the bar, and dining at the bar is a nice option. The aquarium is fun and pretty to look at and yes, the bathrooms are swanky. Try Grille 29, it's a fun place to take a friend/group for a special occasion, or meet at the bar and the food is good, the Ahi tuna appetizer is consistently fresh and good, too. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Good service, good fresh food. Portions could be a tad larger though. Servers were attentive and friendly. I would recommend a reservation just to be safe though, they go tend to get busy at times.
Did not care for the lobster bisque mashed potatoes, stuffed scallops need more seasoning and although the fried calamari was very good just not enough calamari. There were more peppers than squid.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I decided to give Grille 29 a try and we were not disappointed. Our waiter (Bobby) was very attentive and one of the better waiters we have had recently. He was very knowledgeable about all the menu items. For example, we wanted to start off with a wedge salad. When we asked how big the wedge was, he said it was a large salad and recommended that we split it. We were glad we did. The split wedge salad (served on two plates) was definitely big enough to share. The Commerce Kitchen (in downtown Huntsville) could take a hint about a proper size wedge salad (see my review on their wedge salad).

For the main course, I had the 8 oz filet. It was perfectly prepared and presented and was very good. My two sides were the sweet potatoes (seasoned wedges) and the white corn grits (very tasty although my wife did not like the texture). My wife had the crab cakes and green beans. She said her meal was also very good. We splurged and shared a dessert (tiramisu) which I would highly recommend.

Overall, this was a fantastic dining experience. The restaurant has both inside (where we sat) and outside seating. It is tastefully decorated and large enough to accommodate larger groups. It is not too loud and is very comfortable. We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Been here three times while in Huntsville on business. Had the stuffed scallops which were really good. Pretty diverse, interesting menu. Overall a little on the pricey side. Service was a little slow. Wouldn't mind if I didn't make it back here. Give them credit for local beers on tap (had a really good Blue Pants IPA and something else, a "straight to ale" that was underwhelming).