“Excellent food and plenty of it!”
Review of Grille 29

Grille 29
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 627 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 72
Description: Grille 29 is Huntsville hottest new concept in upscale-casual dining. Located in the heart of Providence Grille 29 offers diners a wide variety of dinner choices in a classy comfortable atmosphere. The specialties of the house are in the "From the Grille" menu section with tender cuts like our 8 oz. Filet Mignon and 12 oz. New York Strip Steak. Coupled with Shrimp with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat or broiled Jumbo Scallops, these savory and hearty entrees are uniquely presented and prepared to your liking. The stylish all wood bar at Grille 29 features full liquor service and is manned by some of the area's most professional and courteous bartenders. The wine list consists of 104 varieties of bottled wine, 52 of which are available by the glass . The enticing signature Martinis and cocktails enhance your overall dining experience. Make new friends and enjoy a drink at the bar or meet with old friends for drinks in the relaxing lounge.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband ordered the stuffed scallops and they were presented on top of lobster mashed potatoes with a center of steamed vegetables. The scallops were cooked perfectly, the mashed potatoes had visible lobster meat and the vegetables were wonderful including red peppers. I ordered the potato encrusted halibut. The piece was large and flavorful. My husband finished it for me and also commented positively on the flavor. The grits were out of this world. I am not a southerner, but I will continue to try grits if they are all this tasty. The green beans were plentiful but a bit too salty for my taste. We did not get an appetizer as we were planning on ordering dessert. We did not order dessert as the dinners were quite filling.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The food was amazing! I've read the steaks were delicious and had to try them. Most definitely not disappointed. This was my second time at Grille 29, and following a fantastic first experience, I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the service and vibe. I felt ignored by my server. Although she was also the bartender and perhaps busier than the other staff, I felt like a nuisance. She seemed to make personal conversations with her coworkers her priority. Inappropriate conversations. My previous experience at Grille 29s bar was excellent and the menu is perfect. I will return, however next time I recommend requesting a less social atmosphere.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Service was a little slow but I think the waitress was new. She didn't do a bad job but just checked in on us a little slower than I thought she should have.

The food is so very good. A little pricey but absolutely excellent. My wife and I had the NY strip and the stuffed scallops. Dessert was the peanut butter truffle cake. Oh it was great! All of it!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

For either lunch or dinner. Grill 29 is a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion. Their Chocolate Souffle is not to be missed!

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting Huntsville for work and always like to try a new restaurant. I think Grill 29 is one of the best restaurants we have ever gone to. Two if us had swordfish and it was very tender and delicious. If we ever get back to Huntsville we will definitely come to dinner here again. Everything was perfect. This is a must visit restaurant!!