“Great Stay, Great Hotel, Great Staff”

Comfort Inn Huntsville
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A group of 10 of us stayed here over the weekend of 5/2/2013-5/5/2013 for graduation weekend. The staff was very warm and welcoming. This is a fairly new hotel. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, we didn't have any problems.

When we didn't have the neccessities for cutting and eating the cake I went downstairs and asked the staff if they had anything we could have to use. She kindly showed us where they keep everything for the breakfast bar and she told us to help ourselves which was a big relief because it was pouring raining outside. The hotel is close to everything on University Ave which was great if didn't have to travel too far if we needed anything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Spacityb

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My stay at the Comfort Inn was well, comfortable. The staff was very friendly and so helpful. They went above and beyond especially when we needed directions to our next destination. The only thing would recommend bringing your own pillow which I do, the pillows on the bed were small. Would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Huntsville.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Bus driver for charter bus company. Stayed here 2 nights and was very impressed with rooms, location and staff. 27 people in all. Think we had 9 rooms. Will definitely advice teams and groups to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My mother and I stayed here one night in March with my 5 year old twin boys. We picked it because of the indoor pool. The rate was very affordable at about $80 a night for a room with two double beds, a microwave and a large mini fridge. The room was clean and kept up well. Plenty of parking. Don't be confused because you have to drive through the Sleep Inn's parking lot to get to the Comfort Inn.

The area is nice and there are many restaurants and stores and a mall nearby. The Hooters is actually right next door so if you wanted to get drunk there and then walk back to the hotel you could. The pool was nice and had a room just for the pool which is nice. I don't like when they are out in the lobby area and people walk by looking at you. The exercise room was right next to the pool and you could see into one another. The pool was very warm. Actually not that much cooler than the hot tub because they flowed into one another.

The pool is smaller and there were a lot of people with kids there when we went so the pool could get crowded. I think its a salt water pool which kinda tastes and smells and looks different than chlorine pools. I don't know if I like that. But, it did not cause a problem. The floor of the pool looked a little dirty.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms were well stocked with towels and everything else. I was not a fan of the remote and the tv channels. Just basic cable and the writing on the buttons was rubbed off the remote so you could not see them. Plenty of hot water. The elevator was fast. Plenty of luggage carts. A media center. The breakfast is a pretty good deal. They had a waffle making station, biscuits, eggs, sausage, cereal, milk, Oj, coffee, danish, bagels and toast. They have an eating area or you can take it up to your room.

The bathrooms have a timer switch which was kinda annoying. They did have nice snack machines and ice machines.

I would stay here again especially since the price was very affordable. It is very close to the Space Center and Botanical Garden.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which was one floor above pool and breakfast area
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aprilsumner
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place was perfect for my little family. The staff was very friendly and answered all my questions about the city. The pool was real nice also. The breakfast was also very good. We were less then 10min from everything. A+

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eddie J
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn on several occasions and have always been impressed. The staff is always very courteous and efficient. We were here last year, during the spring, for several various week long stays. When we came back this year for the same meetings, we were immediately recognized! How nice! Nice hot breakfast with an attendant assigned specifically for that duty. She stays right on top of any breakfast needs and is very helpful and friendly. Hotel is close to UAH and the Space Center. Rooms are not huge, but are comfortable and clean. We always enjoy our stay here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel shares a driveway with the Sleep Inn so I missed the turn the first time. Once I knew that, it was no problem. I arrived early in Huntsville for business but got a room with no problem. There was fresh coffee in the lobby. The room was not very big but big enough for a short stay. The room had a fridge and microwave. There ways also a large flat screen that I put to good use both nights. The bed was comfortable but I do not like the little square pillows that a lot of hotels are going to. There was good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The Wi-Fi did not work the first night or the next day, but the manager worked feverishly to get it back up and running by the second night. "A" for effort for her. Breakfast was very good both mornings. They even had blueberry waffle mix for the machine which is the first time I've seen that. Overall I had a great stay here and the staff was great and very friendly .

Room Tip: You must turn in at the Sleep Inn to get to this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business