“Yummy Hummus and Veggie Burgers!”
Review of Purple Onion

Purple Onion
Ranked #102 of 161 Restaurants in Hoover
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Yummy Hummus and Veggie Burgers!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is one of my favorite places for Mediterranean food. The prices are reasonable and the food is excellent. Try the hummus, for sure, and the onion rings are to die for!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank SusanWritesPrecise

Hoover
“When I want ethnic it's fine---only Pelham-and Hoover--Avoid Greensprings”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Like it well enough I been to all 3--2 more than once--will never return to Greensprings Store.

What to review? Tried most things all good enough when I want something easy and different

Visited April 2012
3 Thank foodmarc15
Birmingham, Alabama
“its a good restaraunt to go to to relax”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

i loved the food its clean and every body therewas friendly

Visited April 2012
1 Thank kenya j
Wetumpka, Alabama
“Normally OK”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My wife and I took a motorcycle trip to the State Park to hike not far from this place. We had first eaten at a Purple Onion out near the Summit Mall a few weeks ago. We like the menu and she loves the mint tea.

This one is in an old fast food restaurant, and it is a little bit dingy. Food was ok. However, there was an employee sitting at a prep table in the kitchen eating her food. In Alabama, this is a critical health code violation. I'm sure that the management and staff all know that it is not allowed, so I did not address it. I just won't eat at this one again.

“I love that they have a...”
Reviewed March 7, 2008

I love that they have a drive thru!

Been to Purple Onion? Share your experiences!