“A Great, Clean Room” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
Dunlap, Tennessee, USA
“A Great, Clean Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

We stayed the night at this hotel as we made our way to the beach for our family vacation this year. I was able to get a great rate on the room via their lowest price guarantee policy. That process, in and of itself, was completely hassle free.

The exterior of the hotel was nicely landscaped and clean. It is not in a shady area and there were several dinner options very close by. It was also very conveniently located to the interstate/major roadways. Check in was a breeze and the desk clerks were very accomodating as I asked for a port-a-crib to be put in the room.

The room was very nicely decorated and clean. We chose a king room with a pull out bed. This was for my husband, myself, our 4 year old and our 1 year old (who was in the port-a-crib). We had plenty of room for the 4 of us.

Continental breakfast was very good with a good variety of food choices. They had a traveling ball team in the lobby the morning we were there who had wiped out their prepared food, but were very quick to restock for the rest of their guests.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Jacksonville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

I checked in on 19 September 2010 for a week long business trip. The overall stay was good because of the location and the rooms are very nice. It would have been a GREAT stay but housekeeping didn't service my room not one time during the week. I had to get towels from the front dest twice and called and had towels sent to the room one time. We emptied our garbage into a bag and put it into the hall. One would think this would clue housekeeping in but to no avail. Monday morning my wife was awakened at 8:30 by housekeeping knocking on the door but by the time she got up they were gone and they never returned the rest of the week. I had to go to the front desk for shampoo and coffee twice during the week.
When we checked out I told the front desk person about this and she seemed surprised and said unless people inform them they would not know. I know housekeeping was present because I saw them, just never in our room. I would suggest if you stay here to ask about the housekeeping schedule.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

Nice, clean hotel, nice room but AC too close to bed. It kept one of us awake and we finally turned it off. One light did not work. No hot prepared food at breakfast, although we could have paid to have them fix some. We thought this Hyatt would be a little better.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

We were visiting our granddaugther at University of Alabama but it was game weekend and no rooms in Tuscaloosa so we stayed at the Hyatt Place in Hoover. We were very please with our room and the hotel. Very clean, spacious room with nice decor. Loved the big sofa. Towels were large, thick and fluffy. On future travels we will be looking for Hyatt Place hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed here on a business trip and the staff was very accommodating. The hotel is clean and in a good location near the mall. Lots of great resturants near by too with a good breakfast in the morning. Either the sales manager or hotel manager greeted our group everyday and thanked us for staying with them. Nice team of employees and great big rooms with large TV's. Awesome place, will stay here a again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Hammond, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

I booked this hotel through priceline to stop on our way from Louisiana to Georgia, I was happy to see I ended up with a Hyatt Place due to staying at one in Dallas a couple years back. I did not realize I booked it for a day later than I needed it but the super nice guy checking me in changed it to the right night when I arrived. That was great considering it was 11pm at night and I had a very unhappy 8 mth old in the car. breakfast was as expected for free. There was cereals, bagels, toast, biscuits/gravy, and fruit. Only reason I didn't get it 5 stars is because our room smelled real musty/mildew and when going to bed I noticed the floor in between the two beds was wet. I put a towel on top and in the morning it was still wet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Noblesville, IN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

My wife and I were on a trip traveling to Panama City Beach, Florida and decided to spend an evening on the way at the Hyatt Place, Birmingham/Hoover, AL. The morning we were leaving we stopped for a bite in their food area and set at a table in the actual kitchen area, one of only two available. The far majority of setting is outside the actual food area. We set at stools and my wife hung her purse on the back of her stool. Upon leaving the site, she forgot the purse. When we called a short time later to advise the Hyatt staff, they had recovered the purse, minus all of the cash. All other items were still in the purse. Based on the seating arrangement, the timing, the scenario, it is most logical that staff removed the cash and turned the purse in.
Upon contacting the manager, we were advised that all we could do was file a police report, which we have. He would offer no help in investigating with his own staff, following up, nothing. He advised we could check with our insurance for coverage. We are pursuing with the Hyatt group, but would advise all travelers to take good care of their belongings anywhere in this establishment and not consider anything safe or that should you have an issue, you will receive any support from the staff or management of this organization.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OnTheRoad55
HyattPlaceHoover, Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Thank you for your email regarding the security of belongings at the Hyatt Place Birmingham Hoover. This incident was fully investigated by both the Hoover Police Department as well as the General Manager of the hotel. The actual loss of cash could neither be verified nor could it be confirmed that if the cash was actually taken, who may have taken it. Upon no conclusive evidence being found to implicate anyone, the hotel turned the issue over to our insurance claims department for review and processing. We invite you all to visit our website to see what the hotel has to offer and experience for yourself our beautiful Hyatt product and first class service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria

Been to Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover? Share your experiences!