“Large Rooms”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
Reno, Nevada, United States
“Large Rooms”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Hyatt place Hoover has nice large rooms. love the couch. The pool is outdoor and heated. I had my granddaughters over to swim nice pool. Friendly staff and great location. My only problem was I received a handicap room and when taking a bath they need to clean under those bars full of mold. The bathrooms also seems like your in a hospital bathroom. Needs more light. Overall our stay was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Julie M, Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for the nice commentsregarding your recent stay with the Hyatt Place Hoover. We do appreciate the your suggestions for our accessible rooms and hope you and your family will stay with us again on your next trip to Hoover.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Really Enjoyed have separate sitting and sleeping areas, this was day 5 on the Hot Rod Power Tour and it was raining and I was really tired and wanted to sleep, my husband was wired and wanted to look at cars in parking lot, but the weather was too bad, so he was stuck with the television and me wanting or needing to sleep or I would kill him the next day and we were divided by a divider wall and two televisions, a desk that he where could work on his computer and get some much needed work done. The room was GREAT for both of us and saved about 20 phone calls from his business the next day because he got all their questions answered the night before, Breakfast was good, well organized, when you have a lot of people trying to get out at the same time it would have been difficult, but they had extra people both to get us fed and out, Good Stay, if we are back in Hoover or Birmingham we would consider saying there

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie M, Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Hoover and for such a great review. Come see us again soon.

Asst General Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My room had a constant mildew odor that never went away. I had a large cockroach on the ceiling one night that I was able to trap leave under a glass to be taken away so they would believe me. If there is one cockroach on the fourth floor, there are most likely more close by. It wasn't easy to sleep after finding that.
I have stayed at Hyatt Place hotels in the past and have always had a good experience. This Hyatt place seems to new better management. I didn't feel the front desk staff were very nice and polite upon arrival.

• Stayed August 2013
I am so sorry that I did not have the opportunity to speak with you prior to your departure. We are certainly always wanting to hear from you while you are still in the hotel so that we can try to redeem ourselves if you are not happy with your stay. I would like to have the chance to speak with you if you would please contact me. I felt very disturbed that you had an insect in the room with you and definitely understand your distress the remainder of the night. I do wish to reassure you that we do have a Professional Extermination Account in place that treats the property on a monthly basis in a preventative program and if a guest ever sees anything it is helpful if you let us know right away so that we can address it immediately. I hope you will reach out to me and I will certainly take steps to make ammends for your dissatisfaction.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Not sure if all Hyatt Place Hotels are this great but this is a great place. They've figured out how to make a hotel a reasonably priced place to stay and a destination resort. The rooms are killer. Have a separate sitting area and separate work desk area. They have a small bar, a REALLY good breakfast and fresh cooked snacks for after hours.

They have my vote for the best business traveler place to stay and a great family place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Julie M, Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with others and we hope to see you again soon.

Have a Great Holiday,

AGM
Hyatt Place Hoover
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I could not have been more pleased. Great customer service and a wonderful breakfast. The hotel was perfectly clean and my bed was amazingly comfortable. The hotel is in a great location and very close o shopping and tons of restaurants. What more could you possible ask for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for a very nice review and for sharing with others your thoughts on our Hyatt Place Hoover. We hope to see you again soon and have a wonderful holiday.

AGM
Hyatt Place Hoover
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love this Hotel chain been for consecutive times all over the Country but this one in particular needs a major carpet cleaning to eliminate the bad odor.Perfect for just night.Clean Bathroom, lot's of places to eat around and the Breakfast is very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Julie M, Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I sincerely apologize that your experience was less than satisfying and that we let you down regarding the carpet cleanliness and an odor in the room. I do appreciate your acknowledging the cleanliness of the bathroom and our wonderful breakfast. We have just completed cleaning the carpets and upholstery throughout the hotel so I am sorry this had not been completed prior to your arrival with us. We really do appreciate feedback from our guest and it assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel as I would like to be able to speak with you personally and make up for our mistakes and hopefully get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

205-988-8444
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My company had 36 of us staying there for 2 weeks. The managers and staff went above and beyond with this one. The updated and well appointed rooms were straightened up in a timely manner. The breakfast bar was fresh and sufficient. One of our guys missed the breakfast bar close time by a half hour, and the food was put away. The kitchen made him something fresh with no complaints! DEFINITELY worth a revisit!!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much and please come see us again.

julie.mosley@hyatt.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Courtyard Birmingham Hoover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria

Been to Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover? Share your experiences!