“Excellent hotel and a very pleasant stay”

Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
“Excellent hotel and a very pleasant stay”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The breakfast was very good! The rooms were very roomy and comfortable. They were huge for one person. I liked this Hyatt place so much for business trips that I will be returning in a few days when I have to be back in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Amd08h
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Amd08h,

Thank you for your recent review of my hotel on TripAdvisor.

The most appreciative thing a manager can read or hear is that a guest will return and as I read your comments, it was wonderful to see. We thank you for the kind review but most importantly, the continued patronage.

David Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rogers
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have stayed here as a family of four several times. The rooms are top notch with nice touches like open large bathrooms. My only reason to put 4 stars instead of 5 is the free breakfast. It is always quite crowded and at times there is little to no seating. Overall iris a free breakfast so how can I complain about that. My family has plenty of room with sofa bed and king/queen beds.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael P
Dear Michael P,

Thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor of the Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover.

I understand your comments regarding the breakfast area and can agree that at certain times the breakfast area gets a bit crowded however we certainly hope this minor inconvenience is one that didn't mar a great stay.

Thank you for your review and also your patronage.

Petal, Mississippi
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is another great Hyatt Place -- I think they do a tremendous job of offering a clean, updated room at a great value. If you have stayed at a Hyatt Place before, you know what to expect -- all 3 that I have stayed at look identical in the rooms. The staff here was very friendly and it is in a good location -- highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mkolvites
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear mkolvites,

I just read your review this morning and this is probably the first time I am happy reading the description "typical". I read this that you are quite pleased with your stay here at the Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover as well as all Hyatt Place's and quite frankly, that is exactly what we want to see.

Thank you for the great words and we appreciate your patronage.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Needed a room fast, as the family we were going to stay with had a sick child. Called up and got a great AAA rate. Very nice looking hotel and clean at first blush. Upon getting up to the room it looked clean except for the couch. It is a tan collar and type of fabric that doesn't hide stains well. I really didnt want to sit on it.

I needed a cup of coffee the next AM and the cups were dirty with coffee stains on them. Barf. Instantly had images of maids swirling the used cup under running water to clean and putting it back.

Bed was comfortable and pillows great. Climate control is a wall unit that lets you keep the fan running- which we need for white noise for our toddler.

The breakfast was standard- not overly impressed with it.

Over all great stay, would return if price was right.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank lorzarn
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear lorzarn,

I just read your Trip Advisor review about the property and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate the kind words but am more concerned with the constructive criticism and would like to use this for feedback and training with my staff. I would like to ask for a bit more assistance if possible from you and ask that you provide me with a bit more information. We do room checks of every room every day and we appear to have missed some items in your room. As Trip Advisor reviews are anonymous, I understand that, however I would like to know what room you were in as well as the dates of your stay so that we can perform some retraining with the staff. We will begin to take closer looks at our rooms especially the coffee cups and I want to assure you that your suggestion is not our procedure. I have placed my e-mail account below for a reply if possible to correct our mistake.

Thank you for your review and we do appreciate your patronage.

david.jones@pillarhotels.com
Harvest, Alabama
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The staff were very welcoming and informative at check-in. The lobby area was clean and comfortable with seating options ranging from comfortable chairs, couches, tables and even a bar to enjoy coffee, snacks, etc.
The room was a pleasant surprise. It was open, but cleverly divided between the sleeping area with beds and a living area with couch, desk, refridgerator, microwave and wet bar / small sink.
The bathroom was roomy and included good quality soaps, shampoos and lotions.
Our family of four especially enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. The options included hot breakfast sandwiches, bagels, cereals, yogart, fresh fruit and juices. The staff was quick to clean up tables and rushed to wipe up a small coffee spill by one of the guests.
This family of four felt very welcome at the hotel and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel C
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Daniel C,

It was such a pleasure to read your review about your recent stay. I thank you for the kind words and am so glad that you found your stay to be everything you had hoped for. I will share your kind words with all of the staff here at the hotel at our next meeting. This is what we love to hear when our guests stay with us.

Thank you again and we hope that you will continue to choose our hotel first when you come to the Birmingham area.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent the last night of a four-day weekend here after letting Hotwire select it for us. We paid way less than we did at Opryland Hotel, and the accommodations were far nicer. The only "complaint" we have is that Food Network is not available on the cable roster. Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed the extra space and furniture in our King room. Breakfast selections were some of the best we have encountered on a free buffet. There were plenty of options, and the food did not run out, even though there was a hungry high school baseball team (and their families) eating the same time we did. Lots of local dining options, as well as the mall next door for shopahaulics. Great stay for the price!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom B
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Tom B,

I just read your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay here at the Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover.

I was so pleased to hear that you had a great stay. I agree with your comments or rather I should say my wife agrees with you about the local shopping. I will share your kind words with the staff at our next monthly meeting and I am sure they will be as pleased as I am with your thoughts.

Thank you again and we hope to have you as a guest sometime in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

A great hotel for one or more people without be cramped. And is outstanding for anyone doing business. Great plugs and work station in your room. Good value for the price that you pay! !!! I would definitely stay there when visiting Birmingham again

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank elvan
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Elvan,

I just read your review this morning of your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover and I have to say I was quite pleased with the review. We sincerely appreciate the positive comments and do hope that as you stated, when you return to Birmingham, we will be your first choice and that you recommend us to any of your family and friends.

Thank you first for your patronage and second, thank you for the kind review.

David Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Courtyard Birmingham Hoover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham

Been to Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover? Share your experiences!