“Like home away from home”

Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I spent the night of Saturday, December 29th at this motel. It was like a mini suite. You walk first into a sitting area with a huge, comfy sofa on the right. On the left, a desk, sink & refrigerator. A half wall seperated the king sized bed from the sitting area. The tv was huge & could be rotated to face the sitting area or the bed. The toilet & shower were enclosed with the vanity in the bedroom area. the closet door was mirrored as was the bathroom door. Huge room. Non smoking. Although I did not use it, there was an iron & ironing board. The bed was very comfortable.
The continental breakfast was very adequate, consisting of ham, egg & cheese biscuits, waffles, bagels, several types of bread you could toast, yogurt, fruit, cerals, milk, orange & apple juice, coffee, donuts...we did not leave hungry. Of course, you could also order something if you liked, but there was plenty on hand.
Our two daughters & their families also stayed and they, too, enjoyed the motel.
The staff was warm & welcoming.
I would recommend this motel to anyone. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda S
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear lindajstringfellow,

I was just reading your recent review on Trip Advisor and have to say that I was so pleased that you had a great stay.

I believe as you seem to also, that we have a great product at a reasonable rate that offers a great value to our guests.

Should your travels ever bring you back to the Birmingham, we do hope that we will be your first choice.

Thank you again!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel! Stayed there one night for work and didn't want to leave. Everyone there was so helpful! Very friendly greeting, they offered me a tour of the property upon checking in. I was offered to choose what floor I wanted to stay on, which I thought was a nice touch. I chose the first floor because I was only there for one night and had ome boxes in my car that I wanted to bring in, I was worried it may be noisy but it was not. Only a few rooms on the first floor so it worked out. The managers reception was very nice, they offer drink specials at happy hour!!! Yea. Breakfast was also very nice. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marisa D
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Marisa D,

I just read your review today and Trip Advisor about my hotel and I am most pleased with your comments. What you experienced is what every guest should experience and what we strive for each day.

Thank you again for your kind words and I will share them with the staff at our next meeting.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this property for a girls weekend with a few of my closest girlfriends.This was a nice property and located in the perfect place.After checking out,I realized that I had left a pair of shoes in the room.I called and Clay told me they weren't found,without even asking any information that could help the staff locate the shoes.I said ok, then realized that something wasn't right.Since I am the Front Desk Manager at a hotel,I am aware of how lost and found issues are handled.I called back and the representative,Clay, said the person who has the key to the lost and found wasn't in and he had no way of going to search for them.This means he lied the first time.I left a message and wasnt contacted so I called back and the HSKP Mgr. cut me off and told me they weren't there.She hung up on me,while I waited to be connected to the GM.This hotel has terrible customer service.I paid $100+ for these shoes that mysteriously went missing! I would not recommend anyone stay here with anything they consider valuable!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shae L
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Shae L,

I am writing in regards to your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I am most disappointed in our customer service to you regarding your lost and found item. The procedure that Clay should have followed would have been to take your information and have someone call you back regarding your items. I am sorry for the failure to follow our procedures. If I can ask that you contact me with the details of the shoes, I would be most happy to investigate myself and respond back as quickly as possible.

I have listed below this reply my return e-mail address. If you can forward to me the date of your stay, what name the room was registered under as well as any description you can provide of what we are looking for and either your return e-mail or a phone number, I will get back in contact with you.

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay and I look forward to hearing from you so we can check for your items.

david.jones@pillarhotels.com

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is one of the newly remodeled Hyatt Place properties. The staff did everything they could and went out of their way to help me with a couple of issues. However, they claim to have an airport shuttle, but the management of this property has decided not bring in the morning driver, to run the airport shuttle for the morning flights until 7am. With travel time to the airport, they really can't provide transportation for flights that leave before 9:30am or 10am. That is a LOT of flights! Pretty much the whole first wave. In my case, to make my morning flight, I had to take a cab for $60, which made the price of the stay, MUCH higher than if I had stayed downtown.

Room Tip: Not really close enough to the airport. Look downtown. The hotels by the airport are very poor. T...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank joelinda

Dear Joelinda,

I am writing in regards to your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I understand your frustration with our shuttle service. We agree with you and have chosen to stop offering this airport shuttle portion as the availability was either not convenient to our guests or was underutilized. We will continue to offer our shuttle within a three mile radius and be able to keep the same hours that we have previously and offer better service to all of our guests.

Thank you for your feedback and we do hope that you will consider our hotel for any future stays.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were only here for one night but we really enjoyed our stay. We were greeted warmly at check - in. Our room was in wonderful condition. The location was great, right in the middle of Hoover with many shopping opportunities close by. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Disneyprofmom

Dear Disneyprofmom,

I am writing in regards to your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I am most pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. And we do hope that you return to Birmingham and to our hotel.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed a weekend here. Lobby is nice. Staff was great. Food is average but not bad. Breakfast is excellent for this level of a hotel. Room was very disappointing. The water obviously had not been run for a long long time as it came out rusty and black when we first ran it to wash hands. Smelled faintly of smoking. Obviously they have some kind of plumbing water issues. The room was very big however, and otherwise it was clean. It was also dark and the elevator very slow. I would probably not bother with this hotel again if something else was available. Really expected better from this brand.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BusinessTraveler006

Dear BusinessTraveler006,

I am writing in regards to your recent review on Trip Advisor.

As your review states that you stayed with us in September, I have an explanation for the problems that you experienced. The first weekend in September, we had a water main break in the parking lot of the hotel and it required us to shut down the hotel. When the repairs were completed, we still had dirty water in the main line and attempted to run the water to clear the lines. It seems that we failed to properly get the lines cleaned out in your instance and I apologize for this error.

I see from your reviews that we were successful in the other areas and can fully understand your issues from the water standpoint.

Thank you for your review and your patronage and I do hope that should your travels bring you back to the Birmingham/Hoover area, you will reconsider the choice of hotel to be ours.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Oct. 10,12...Wednesday--This is my first time to write a bad review, but this was so disappointing, after a 12 hour drive we just had to stay...we have always stopped here on our way to N.C.,,,that will be our last time...we had this room paid for days in advance...The man said: oh we don't have any more king beds ( didn't mention only full beds, not queen) and all the hallways are wet...the carpet in the room was so wet I had to lay towels down...when we called down to tell them the carpet in the room was really wet as well and could we move,they said..." No more rooms and oh yeah, be really careful in the bathroom not to slip"...that was it...the front desk never even said hi when we came in, it was more like go away, The morning 6:20am , No coffee, nothing to eat, ( lots of unhappy people) and the girl, (only one employee) dressed like she was going jogging, who also wished we would all go away...we are really nice people and never said anything mean, so tired we just took it, and already had the room paid days in advance, the not care attitude is why I'm writing this...just not what you expect from a Hyatt, lots of other hotels in this really nice area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MarylouHouston_Texas
HIManager15, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear MaryLouHouston_Texas,

I am writing in regards to the recent review you made on Trip Advisor.

I wish to apologize for the situation that you encountered with the wet carpet. We planned to have the carpets cleaned through out the hotel and chose what we thought would be an acceptable time with little guest interaction. To our surprise, we picked up good business in the last few days before we began. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

The most disturbing thing I read in your review was the lack of customer service. We are taking steps to ensure the training of our new staff to do the job that our customers expect. That means having coffee ready in the morning, offering a smile and showing we care about our guests.

I thank you for your comments as these will be used to teach us what not to do.

I do hope that if your travels bring you through the Birmingham area again, you give us another try as you see a marked difference.

David Jones

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Courtyard Birmingham Hoover
2 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
1 mi away
Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover

Been to Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover? Share your experiences!