“Run Down”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
Atlanta, Georgia
“Run Down”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I used to like this property but it has really gotten run down. I was really disappointed to what degree. My husband was affraid to park his car the parking lot. Guests actually set up a BBQ grill in one of the parking spaces and were grilling and drinking beer until the wee hours of the morning in lawn chairs. Stained, ripped carpet and furniture. Messy breakfast area. Noisy plumbing. Peeling wallpaper. Unfriendly staff. Next time....I'm headed to the Residence Inn Hoover which is brand new and about a block down the street. I discovered it when the Hyatt Place was sold out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amanda M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I guess you get what you pay for. I got a great Summer deal at this hotel and was super happy about the price. I was traveling with a small child and the staff were very accommodating with a pack n' play for her to sleep in and provided a high chair for her at breakfast. I was very pleased with the speed they used in meeting my needs. The room was spacious and had a refrigerator, but no microwave. I found that a little odd, but wasn't a deal breaker. The floors were extremely dirty. I was horrified to have my baby crawling around. My rooms was picked up and spot cleaned, but definitely not clean. I expect more out of a Hyatt property. The free internet was nice and the breakfast was pretty decent. I would recommend requesting a room that does not face the main road. It was VERY loud!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Luv2trvl029
Greensboro,NC
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Hyatt Place hotels are high on my list due to the consistent quality for the price. This was no exception. Good service, large room, decent free breakfast and internet, free parking, friendly service. This location is close to a mall with lots of eating options. I ate dinner in Vestavia Hills at a sushi place called Sekisui that was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed one night with two teens along on a road trip. We booked on Hotwire, so we weren't sure what we were going to get. Our room was very clean and comfortable. It did seem slightly muggy, but it was that time of year.

We didn't use the pool, but the hot breakfast was amazing! Everyone one of us left pleased with the breakfast. I had a spinach, portabello and cheese croissant along with sweet and ripe fruit. This is the best "free" breakfast we have had outside of the Embassy Suites.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I always enjoy staying at Hyatt Place, consistent good stay. The same is true of the Hyatt Place in Hoover. This HP had just introduced the skillet breakfast with hot food, including pancakes and hot breakfast sandwiches. When I checked in, they were having an hour long managers reception with free beer and wine. I don't usually experience this at HP, so that was a nice added feature. My room was as expected, however I did experience a musky kind of smell in my room like another reviewer commented on. Other than that, very nice stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover, responded to this review, July 3, 2012

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Alabama
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The room was semi clean and musky. The refrigerator broken in room. Tried to call the front desk with no answer. Had to walk down to the front desk. Maintenance came, but didnt have another fridge to replace it with. The continental breakfast sucked. It was 3 types of cereal, grapefruit slices and english muffins that were picked over. It was like they were trying to force you to pay for their breakfast from the counter.

• Stayed June 2012
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The room was clean and much larger than expected with a sofa, ottoman, desk and mini fridge. The flat screen television was ~40 inch, much larger than those in most hotels. Staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was both pleasantly surprising and a disappointment. The fresh grapefruit segments, fruit and yougrt were great. However there was not much beyond the cold cereals and bagels. I would have liked to see muffins or danish pastries.

I was there for business and the corporate rate was quite reasonable. You could not hear the road traffic. However, the air conditioning was a bit noisy for sleeping. We used the meeting room one morning. The only comment from our IT guy was that the wifi was a bit slow.
The hotel is a short drive to the huge Galleria Mall and many more big box stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a southern room away from the road