Courtyard Birmingham Hoover
$110
Hampton.com
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover(Hoover)(Great Value!)
$127
$90
$119
  • Pool
$44
All reviewsjim and nicksbbq place next doorolder hotelgreat bbq restaurantan elite memberthings happenyoung womanfirst flooran easy driveuniversity of alabamavery pleasant stayafter a long dayriverchase galleriacomfortable roomfitness centerbistrobirmingham
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We have stayed here several times on our trips to Birmingham. The rooms are attractive, spacious, and clean. This time, we noticed new, very comfortable mattresses. The staff is always helpful and friendly. They went out of their way, on a very busy weekend, to group our party together and to accomodate the need of one of our family groups to have connecting rooms for their children.

Room Tip: If you need connecting rooms, call before making your reservation. We don't buy breakfast there; it's pricey and McDonald's (among other eateries) is very close by.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Staff at check were pleasant. My room needed better cleaning. There were shoe prints on bathroom floor and dust all over the room. Courtyard need to inspect this property if they are putting their name on it. This property is just not up to par. I got a great rate so I did not complain to loudly. I pity you full rate payers....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Am a frequent business traveler. Hotel is older but nice enough. Breakfast is pricey ($10.99) so I opted for the nearby Starbucks both mornings. 1st night was fine, and I requested to have my sheets changed for the 2nd night - big mistake.
When I went to go to bed on night 2, I found bits of pot in between the sheets. Had to have the sheets changed at 11.30pm at night, got to bed late... and then only to not get my wake up call in the morning! It was frustrating. The management was apologetic but didn't offer anything else to make me feel better. Spoke with both the night staff when the issue happened and the general manager the next morning.
Best case scenario, the staff's just smoking on the job - worst case scenario, the pot was from another guest and the sheets hadn't been cleaned. Either way, not acceptable for a business quality hotel. I'm scheduled at the Hampton Inn around the corner for my stay next month.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Megan T
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stopped here in late October 2011. We were given room 223. I always check for bed bugs and this was the first time I had ever found them! I found a live one in between the mattress and box springs. I took it down to the front desk in a cup and they acted clueless. They didn't know what a bed bug looked like. I told them they needed to google image search after I left and then call an exterminator. I can't believe Marriott isn't training their hotel personnel to be on the look out. We got our refund and RAN out the door. Gross place to stay.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 223 and check your beds carefully. Youtube has videos on what to look for.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed two nights over a holiday weekend. The hotel was very busy, but our room was quiet. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the front desk staff were professional and pleasant. It was a good experience. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family