“Unique and delicious”

Cuisines: Italian
Portland, Oregon
“Unique and delicious”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Think build your own sand which but in a calzone...the awesome kicker all for one price. So no counting out of your toppings/fillings. Pick your sauce, fillings & crust toppings. The calzone is huge & you could easily split one between two and still leave stuffed.

2 Thank Alabamagirl6

Hoover
“Sooo close to being good--Fix the dough/crust/bread”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Met owner--friendly---other service friendly---ingredients fresh, plentiful and they are generous with them. Calzone's LOOK great then you taste them and realize how truly bland and NOT GOOD tasting their enclosure of bread/dough is---they should buy a ready-made pizza dough or "use anything but" what they are serving these wonderful ingredients are in---it like Wonderbread crusts--what a crime when they have everything else right------soooooo close to having a wonderful product---but the crust or covering of the Calzone is a major part and basically their's suck for lack of a better term. Two tries so it wasn't just a bad day. They do look good and are not skimping on anything---again I WANT TO LIKE THIS PLACE!

WHEN I RETURN---THEY ARE CLOSE AND I PASS REGULARLY--THE CRUST IS BETTER I WILL REDO THIS REVIEW--BECAUSE EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOOD--would move to a low 4--SINCE I love calzones and have eaten in at least 10 states and make regularly myself--at the moment since all my reviews are honest and fair or try to be---I am panning this place at the moment.

Visited September 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Best Calzone ever had!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Was there for lunch and didn't know what to expect. You pick ingredients for your calzone like a chipotle. I started with pasta then grilled artichokes, sauteed baby spinach, roasted peppers, had spicy Italian sausage and the meatballs picked the pomodoro sauce. I chose the mozzarella and pecorino cheese and some fresh whole basil to finish it off. It was huge! Before the calzone was placed in oven it was brushed with egg yolk mix. Was told it gives the crust a nice golden finish. Was served in less then 4 min! Best calzone ever had! Melted in mouth and the fresh ingredients were terrific. Not sure how they do it for under $7.00. Was visiting area. Hope they open one by me.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Richard P
Birmingham, Alabama
“Best calzone ever!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm happy to be writing the first review for Pazzo! Calzone Bakery in Hoover. My husband and I went there a few weeks ago, wanting to give it a shot--but not having the greatest expectations. It seemed way too good to be true that you could get pretty much whatever you wanted in a calzone for one relatively low price.

It works like Subway sandwiches in that you move along a counter, choosing what ingredients you would like included in your calzone. I chose pomodoro sauce, meatballs, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, carmelized onions, mushrooms, and fresh basil. My husband had just about the same but had the mild sausage instead of the meatballs--plus he went for the "signature" ziti and a sprinkling of oregano on the crust.

They were both terrific and we were extremely pleased. While eating, we were already planning what we'll try next time. The basil was so good in mine, that I'll add pesto sauce next time. My husband will probably try the spicier sausage.

We told the owner afterwards that we hope he NEVER goes out of business. This place is a treasure.

• Visited May 2013