“Hope it gets better” 2 of 5 bubbles

Mexibbean Island Grill
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean
“Hope it gets better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after buying a 'deal' coupon online. I wanted to like this place as it is close to home and work. The service was not good considering we were one of two couples there. It took about 30 minutes to get our meal and they substituted one of the sides because they ran out of what we ordered. The food was nothing special. I could have made better at home. We probably will not be visiting here again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Birmingham, Alabama
“Good Food, New Flare!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I went here after buying a Living Social deal. I enjoyed it and felt that it was a pretty good deal. For the money you get a lot of food with tons of flavor! My favorite were the chips and salsa served! The worker actually makes this fresh daily! I recommend this for lunch. It is a laid back atmosphere and does have a fast service.

I would like to see more Caribbean food like Tostones, picadillo, or paella. Great place will return!

• Visited April 2013