“Very flavorful and inviting”
Review of Creekside Tavern - CLOSED

Creekside Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A midafternoon visit to Creekside was a coin-toss decision with fortunate consequences. Contrary to typical times to visit, we enjoyed the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of the main dining room (not at all interested in the clangy flatscreen hypnotics of smaller rooms).
Sorry we weren't late enough to take advantage of Happy Hour prices, but their water & lime was very refreshing and affordable. Three meals were delivered with delightful presentation and great aroma. The etoufee turned out much better than I've had at cajun specialty restaurants (and priced much more reasonably)! Am looking forward to some excuse to venture into that area again, no matter what time of day.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My mom and I were driving from Florida and decided to stop here (before heading to the nearby Holiday Inn on John Hawkin's Parkway to sleep for the night). I was meeting a childhood friend and she suggested this place (which used to be Johnny Carino's). We didn't realize it until we walked up to the restaurant. I didn't know the area, so I pretty much just went with it. To our surprise, (although the service was slow), the food was quite good, I had the hickory chicken. It came with a side of grilled zucchini and rosemary mashed potatoes. I don't know what kind of sauce they put on it, but dang, it was good. Perfect portions at mediocre prices. Not too expensive, but not cheap either. The one thing they didn't have was sweet tea. Really? No sweet tea in the state of Alabama? Not a big deal, I just ordered an unsweet instead and added sugar. It didn't take away from our visit by any means. If we ever happen to be passing through in the future, we will stop here again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Heard about this place from a friend who goes every week. It is located in Patton Creek and open for lunch, dinner AND (my favorite) Sunday Brunch!! Took my family last Sunday and we all loved the food and the great wait staff! Tons of fun and awesome Sweet Potato Cassarole!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Went for a company lunch. Almost everyone's food was cold, undercooked, or wrong. Had the filet and crab cake special. Filet was cold, crab cake was under cooked and onion rings were bar quality. We won't be back.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My church group and I ate at this property for lunch today. It was my third visit, and I am more impressed. I had wine and chips at the first visit, and I had the beef lunch special on the second visit. The beef was from a local speciality deli (Mr. P's) and it was quite good. The same special was not available and I ordered the hamburger steak ($12.99) off the menu. I recommend the same. We arrived at 11:30 A.M., left at 01:00 P.M., and we were almost the only customers. The server (Kenny) was attentive and got our orders correctly. Stick with the LaCrema Chardonnay ($9.00), instead of the house Chardonnay.