“Relaxing and Pleasant Surprise!”
Review of Creekside Tavern - CLOSED

Creekside Tavern
Cuisines: American
Columbus, OH
“Relaxing and Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

While passing through Alabama on the way to Florida, my daughter and I decided to stop just south of Birmingham after 9 hours of driving. We cruised the open mallway looking for a place to enjoy dinner when my sister and her family arrived about 2 hours behind us.
Upon first impressions, this was not our first choice, but we are so glad we collectively agreed on Creekside Tavern.
The service was excellent, the food was surprisingly fresh, hot and quickly delivered.
Happy Hour drink prices were fairly priced $5 per glass of wine.
I hope to return to this establishment when I visit a niece who lives in town.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank OhioMomXX2XYXX

Birmingham
“Pleasant Surprise for a Casual Dinner”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We tried the Creekside Tavern last night and enjoyed our first visit. We had a drink in the bar and enjoyed the house wines for $5/ glass. They also have happy hour specials M-F and plenty of large, flat screen TVs to enjoy sports events.
We decided to move to a booth in the bar area to have dinner, and our very friendly bartender, Pete, became our server. My Cajun Tilapia dinner was reasonably priced and delicious. BUT, my wife's Mahi Mahi dinner was outstanding and even better!! Great new place in Hoover Alabama; we will be back!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Hoosierdaddy0402
Birmingham -Alabama
“O.K., but nothing special - might try again”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This new restaurant (opened in 2012) is at the Barnes & Noble end of Patton Creek shopping mall, off Alabama Highway 150. The property is easy to find and convenient. I ate at this property yesterday. I saw only 10 - 12 people at the restaurant, although it was 12:00 - 12:30. I tried 1 (one) white wine (LaCrema - $9.00) and 1 (one) red (Avalon Merlot - $7.00), and I was not impressed with either. I was impressed with the chips ($3.00); they were still warm and had flavor. The total bill was $25.00 (with tip). As stated in a review below, "Nothing original here. Not bad, but not great." The restaurant might have a theme (both as to the food and the property itself), but none that I could determine.

• Visited January 2013
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food but very slow service”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The food was very good nice sice portions and enough variety for our large group.
The service , however, was slow and our server seemed to be constantly harrased. The food did not all arrive at the same time our daughter had to wait at least 10mins after we all had ours.

but we will at least give it a second try!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Vicky U
“It's ok....”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The price is right, but I wasn't impressed. It wasn't anything special. Nothing original here. Not bad, but not great.

1 Thank Sameyeam689