“Good choice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Seating
Description: near mall
“Good choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I love Brother Zeke's! The food is good and the value is about average compared to other BBQ restaurants in town. I love the open faced sandwich with chopped pork. I am particular about my BBQ and this is one of my favorites. We have visited several times and the service has always been great. On one visit I enjoyed the server giving us a little history on the restaurant and the owner. We'll be back again!

• Visited September 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
“Brother Zekes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Went to the restaurant on a Friday night and the place looked empty when we pulled up. Went inside, server greeted us quickly and took care of us. Food came out quickly and was average quality. Our check totalled to be $61 for 4 people, but i had a coupon which helped. The food was not worth the price. Passed a competitor across the street when we were leaving and their parking lot was full

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant twice. My second experience was even better than my first. They now offer small cornbread muffins as a free appetizer. I didn't get these on my prior visit. I had the BBQ chicken with three sides: crinkle-cut french fries, baked beans and potato salad. It was all delicious. My children had the kid's meals. The kid's meals include a generous portion of fried chicken tenders (or a hot dog or grilled cheese) and french fries as well as slice of toasted garlic bread. My husband had the pork plate as well as some delicious squash casserole, which wasn't listed on the menu. We tried the lemon pie, which was great. I highly recommend giving this restaurant a try if you enjoy good BBQ.

• Visited August 2012
Hoover
“One shot -so maybe not fair to Judge”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I though the food was was the second worse BBQ I had in town and I have tried almost everywhere as I like BBQ quite a bit--one try and have no good reason to give second shot with 3 others close by I have enjoyed and no benefit price wise--maybe I am being unfair since I only tried once.

I don't recommend

Visited April 2012
2 Thank foodmarc15
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Avoid the Brisket/Stay Away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We decided to eat here for the first time Big Mistake! Disgusting food yet 50.00 total first off the brisket my daughter ordered was mushy and dry and it made her sick honestly food poisoning is not a joke here! Stay away terrible 0 stars,

• Visited March 2012