“Great Food & Friendly Service”
Review of Jubilee Joe's

Jubilee Joe's
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Hoover
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Food & Friendly Service”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a great neighborhood restaurant where they know your name, know your favorite drink & know how long it's been since you last visited. If you stop by, ask for Warren and try the fried green tomatos appetizer - it is fried tomatoes, lump crab meat and homemade Dijon mustard… the crab claws are delightful also!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mcakwa

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best seafood around”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We found this restaurant completely by accident, and now go there every chance we get, the food and service are excellent, we would and have recommended this restaurant to all our family and friends

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank gjmbhend
JubileeJoes, Owner at Jubilee Joe's, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you so much! We appreciate you coming in. Come back and see us again!
Oneonta, AL
“Good food and good service!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My family loves Jubilee Joe's shrimp and grits. It is a wonderful appetizer! We also enjoy the shrimp, crab legs, and fried green tomatoes. We've been eating there for years and we've never been let down.

• Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank AlabamaTeacher
JubileeJoes, Owner at Jubilee Joe's, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you so much! We appreciate you being such a loyal customer! Come back and see us soon.
Birmingham,Al
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs help with food and service”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Seafood was nothing more than a thin soup with a few shrimp, no okra or crab or oysters. Shrimp soup. Went to get the dungenese crab which was posted on their FB page. When I FINALLY got waited on, I was never told about the crab being featured or available. Po boy was mediocre at best. Slaw was way too sweet and heavy laden with mayo.
Servers were more interested in chatting with each other at the cash register than tending to their tables. Was very disappointed with the food and
service.

1 Thank rhb4tsu1
JubileeJoes, Owner at Jubilee Joe's, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I'm sorry you felt that way about our gumbo sir; we take pride in the quality and taste of all our food. We have shrimp, crab claws, and crab meat in our seafood gumbo, we do not have oysters in there. We cook our gumbo for 19 hours, so that is why you do not see okra in there. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Hope you can give us another shot. We are strict about our service experience and I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me and let me know who your server was (admin@jubilee-joes.com). Thank you for your review.
tennessee
“Large menu - unexpected gem”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went to dinner with 2 friends and a 4 year for dinner on a week night. I was surprised at the size of the place once we entered, it did not look as large from the outside. The menu was pretty large and it was hard for me to narrow down my meal choice. Among all of us we had the marinated crab claws with 2 sides, the combination fried platter (shrimp & oysters) with cheddar mashed potatoes and chicken / sausage gumbo and the crazy steamer pot. It was a LOT of good and we definitely had to go boxes.
I woud like to go back again to try some different things on the menu as well.

1 Thank twosassyk
JubileeJoes, Owner at Jubilee Joe's, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for your review. We have added some more items to the menu. Come try them out. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Jubilee Joe's? Share your experiences!