“Holiday Inn Surprises”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Holiday Inn Surprises”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

A few weeks ago my husband and I stayed here for five nights while house hunting. That's actually the longest stay I've ever had in one hotel. I didn't expect such a nice stay, thinking Holiday Inn was rather old-school. I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was nice, the staff was super friendly and everything was clean. We had breakfast there several mornings, skipping the buffet and ordering from the menu.There was even a tiny take-one-leave-one library in the lobby.

I used the computer downstairs several times; once a manager came around to check on me and offered to get me something to drink.

I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Meredith H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Angie B.,

Thank you for staying at our "New School" Holiday Inn! We are only three years old and take pride in our great location and our new property. Our breakfast made to order menu is wonderful, especially when staying five nights, to have something different to eat! I am glad that our "Take one - Leave one" Library was a special feature for you! Come back and stay with us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Russellville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Plan to stay at this hotel. Service is excellent and rooms very clean. Breakfast is excellent. Will stay here when in Birmingham again! We were on a trip across the south the Georgia and decided to say here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
BBM,

Our excellent full-service hot breakfast buffet is one of our favorite amenities of the hotel. We are so glad that you decided to stay at our convenient location right off the interstate. Thank you for the rave review of our service, clean rooms, breakfast, and great location.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I was in visiting family for the holidays. I started out staying with family and I brought my dog with me. I decided on getting a room for my last night with me and my dog. The room was very accommodating extremely clean look as if the hotel was brand-new. Front desk went out of their way to let me know where I could take my dog and got me a room on the second floor all the first four rooms were sold out. The full breakfast was good the breakfast lady was very nice. I would recommend this hotel if you're traveling especially with the Pet and need a great place to stay.

Stayed December 2013
Sybilwillow,

We are so excited that you chose Holiday Inn Hoover while you were visiting your family for the Holidays. Our new property is a great choice when deciding where to stay. I am glad that you were in a great room location on the second floor to be accessible to everything. Please come back and visit us again!
Vance, Alabama
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The hotel is new and modern. Rooms are clean, staff was very kind and helpful, and the meeting room was perfect for our group. That combined with reasonable rates and breakfast on site made for a great chance for our ladies to get together. Convenient to many restaurants and shopping-can't be beatf!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Meredith H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Traci,
We are so glad that you and the rest of the ladies enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn. Our property is 3 years old and we are doing everything we can to maintain the newness of the hotel! We hope that you will make it an annual event and come back next year to eat and enjoy the many shops and malls around us!

Director of Sales
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 3 night, well big mistake. Upon arrival frontdesk (Yaline) you not find my reservation, she had a very bad attitude with me & my friend. I was not greeted by a warm welcome .. More so felt like a stranger. I was not greeted as an IHG rewards PLATINUM member or offered any extra points or welcome bag by frontdesk, working for an IHG property myself, I know that is required. My room was fine until I discovered my TV was not working, called front desk & again she had an attitude about the situation.I fixed the problem myself. Breakfast was not included & I had to pay incedentials I knew nothing about until I arrived. All & all bad hotel stay & I will never stay here again & will make sure I recommend my friends & family to other hotels in the Birmingham-Hoover Area!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank J_Sitmer
Meredith H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Sitmer,
I was taken back by your comments. I want to assist you any way I can and listen to your frustrations. We at IHG Hoover, strive for excellence. What happened to you is unacceptable and I have to apologize for the challenges and the negative experiences you encountered. That is not the rule with our Hotel. How can I assist you again? We love our guests!

Don Feneziani
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here on business last week and I was disappointed, especially since this hotel is a company sanctioned hotel. My corporate confirmation said the rate includes breakfast, but I was told repeatedly that my room does not. Also, my phone was not working in my room and I had to ask THREE times to get it fixed. I found the pillows to be square and bulky so I asked for new standard pillows. I was told that new pillows would be in my room. After a busy day at work I see that there are no new pillows. I go back down to reception (because my phone was STILL not working) only to be told that I have to stretch out the pillows to make them standard sized. Well, why not tell me that from the beginning?! And finally, this was the last straw: I came back from a day out and my room was not made up. My mother was staying with me and she left the room at 1PM. They told me they room was not made up because she left too late. I was super frustrated and the generally polite staff told me it was because there is currently no management on site. Seriously?! So basically, I am back in BHM for business next week and will not be staying here again. It's a four night trip that they missed out on. Not only that, I told my colleagues to avoid the hotel. On the positive side, the rooms were fine. Nothing special, but clean. Also, they let me do late check-out without any hassles.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Good day,
Please accept my sincere apology with regards to your last stay at the Holiday Inn Hoover, AL. We are in the business to make our guests comfortable and appreciated. This however was not the case. I would like to discuss your challenges and make a difference. If your schedule warrants continued conversation, please reach out to me.

Kind regards,
Don Feneziani
Holiday Inn Hoover, AL
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Everywhere I have stayed breakfast is included with your stay. My fault for assuming that here in Hoover al. The breakfast was set up just like any other free breakfast bar at any other holiday inn except this one I received a bill for. I could have gone out to breakfast and enjoyed real food instead of being charged for my stale mini wheats and burnt bacon. Highly disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014
Meredith H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at our full service Holiday Inn. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the breakfast at our property. We also appreciate any feed back so that we can make the stay for our guests more enjoyable. We will relay the feedback with our Restaurant and also the Front Desk in making it more concise that our restaurant charges for Breakfast unless booked with the rate.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham
Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover? Share your experiences!