“Holiday Inn stay and meeting room”

Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vance, Alabama
“Holiday Inn stay and meeting room”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The hotel is new and modern. Rooms are clean, staff was very kind and helpful, and the meeting room was perfect for our group. That combined with reasonable rates and breakfast on site made for a great chance for our ladies to get together. Convenient to many restaurants and shopping-can't be beatf!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Meredith H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Traci,
We are so glad that you and the rest of the ladies enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn. Our property is 3 years old and we are doing everything we can to maintain the newness of the hotel! We hope that you will make it an annual event and come back next year to eat and enjoy the many shops and malls around us!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 3 night, well big mistake. Upon arrival frontdesk (Yaline) you not find my reservation, she had a very bad attitude with me & my friend. I was not greeted by a warm welcome .. More so felt like a stranger. I was not greeted as an IHG rewards PLATINUM member or offered any extra points or welcome bag by frontdesk, working for an IHG property myself, I know that is required. My room was fine until I discovered my TV was not working, called front desk & again she had an attitude about the situation.I fixed the problem myself. Breakfast was not included & I had to pay incedentials I knew nothing about until I arrived. All & all bad hotel stay & I will never stay here again & will make sure I recommend my friends & family to other hotels in the Birmingham-Hoover Area!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank J_Sitmer
Meredith H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Sitmer,
I was taken back by your comments. I want to assist you any way I can and listen to your frustrations. We at IHG Hoover, strive for excellence. What happened to you is unacceptable and I have to apologize for the challenges and the negative experiences you encountered. That is not the rule with our Hotel. How can I assist you again? We love our guests!

Don Feneziani
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here on business last week and I was disappointed, especially since this hotel is a company sanctioned hotel. My corporate confirmation said the rate includes breakfast, but I was told repeatedly that my room does not. Also, my phone was not working in my room and I had to ask THREE times to get it fixed. I found the pillows to be square and bulky so I asked for new standard pillows. I was told that new pillows would be in my room. After a busy day at work I see that there are no new pillows. I go back down to reception (because my phone was STILL not working) only to be told that I have to stretch out the pillows to make them standard sized. Well, why not tell me that from the beginning?! And finally, this was the last straw: I came back from a day out and my room was not made up. My mother was staying with me and she left the room at 1PM. They told me they room was not made up because she left too late. I was super frustrated and the generally polite staff told me it was because there is currently no management on site. Seriously?! So basically, I am back in BHM for business next week and will not be staying here again. It's a four night trip that they missed out on. Not only that, I told my colleagues to avoid the hotel. On the positive side, the rooms were fine. Nothing special, but clean. Also, they let me do late check-out without any hassles.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Good day,
Please accept my sincere apology with regards to your last stay at the Holiday Inn Hoover, AL. We are in the business to make our guests comfortable and appreciated. This however was not the case. I would like to discuss your challenges and make a difference. If your schedule warrants continued conversation, please reach out to me.

Kind regards,
Don Feneziani
Holiday Inn Hoover, AL
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Everywhere I have stayed breakfast is included with your stay. My fault for assuming that here in Hoover al. The breakfast was set up just like any other free breakfast bar at any other holiday inn except this one I received a bill for. I could have gone out to breakfast and enjoyed real food instead of being charged for my stale mini wheats and burnt bacon. Highly disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014
Meredith H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at our full service Holiday Inn. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the breakfast at our property. We also appreciate any feed back so that we can make the stay for our guests more enjoyable. We will relay the feedback with our Restaurant and also the Front Desk in making it more concise that our restaurant charges for Breakfast unless booked with the rate.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Out of all the places I have stayed over the years I have never had a place until now that made me feel welcomed and at home. I can't wait till my next trip this summer.
The staff always went the extra mile to make my stay great.

• Stayed January 2014
Meredith H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Harleyrider9,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our property! We are so glad that you chose our great location. We always like to make the guests feel welcome and at home during their short or long visit with us. We are glad that out of all the places you visit we will be your destination property for Hoover/Birmingham! We will be looking forward to your visit again. Thank you for recognizing our staff, they truly are the best part of the hotel!
Ball Ground, Georgia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was my 4th stay at this hotel and I have to say it was the best! Nice location and very clean. My favorite part this stay was the staff. Ashley and Rene treated me great from the moment I met them. Nothing like settling down in the afternoon to relax at the bar and being greeted by two friendly faces. They took great care of me and new me by name in minutes. As long as these two are there you are guaranteed to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Meredith H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Lori M,

We are so glad that you came back not once or twice but four times! I hope that you will continue to always choose our great location and clean property that you raved about. Our staff is such a huge asset to our property! Thank you for letting everyone else know about the treatment that Ashley and Renee give our customers!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I booked my office Christmas Party at the hotel. We had everything catered by the hotel and several employees got rooms. Tteh rooms were great too... The hotel staff exceeded my expectations at every opportunity. The food was 5 star, better than any hotel catering i have ever had. Every one of my employees commented that it was the best Christmas Party that we have ever had, and that includes Ruth's Chris.... And I would agree. The only thing that was as impressive as the food and the service was the value! I will be calling to book my date for 2014.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Meredith H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for booking your Christmas Party with us! Holiday Inn Hoover is a great location for all corporate meetings and events with our convenient location and hotel rooms for out of town employees. Everything Chef caters from the breakfast, working lunches, and buffet dinners are all phenomenal. We are glad that you thought as highly of the food as the rest of our guests do. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again in 2014!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham
Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover? Share your experiences!