“Hotel was great will be back”

Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Hotel was great will be back”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This hotel was great! It was wonderful and the staff was friendly. This hotel seem to be fairly new. We stay for 3 days and didn't have one problem. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to lodge.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here on our trip to Florida. There are some harsh reviews here -- I'm not sure what the deal is, but this Holiday Inn is great. New facility, excellent location, close to the freeway, and shopping nearby make this an excellent hotel.

We won this via Priceline and would not have problems staying here again

• Stayed July 2011
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel was very new and clean and the beds were super comfortable. There was a fridge in the room and the staff was friendly. Free parking. Bath and Bodyworks bath products. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My family (two adults, one child) stayed in a King Suite. It was very roomy but there were a couple of things that just weren't thought out well. For example, there was a minibar with coffee maker, microwave and fridge, but no sink? You have to walk to the bathroom to get water. This could be easily remedied by offering some bottle water. There are no, I mean NO vending or ice machines on the floors. My husband looked everywhere for a coke machine and ice. Finally went to the front desk, where a male employee told him there was no ice machine. (yet there are ice buckets in the rooms?) Seriously? I found a plastic wrapper in the bedroom and a couple of other small pieces of trash not cleaned. In the morning I went downstairs and asked for a cup of coffee. I not only had to pay for it, but the employee acted frustrated that I didn't have cash on me and he would have to charge it to the room. As if I was the first guest to ever ask for this. And yes, there is no working pool. I sort of felt like having a reaction similar to my three year old's over that little bit of misinformation. All in all it has the bones to be a decent hotel but there are some things that need to be fixed, including the crappy attitudes of some of the staff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RoadTripBarbie
Columbus, GA
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My husband and I wanted to take a trip back to the town where we got married and visit some of the spots we used to frequent when we were dating for our 5 year anniversary. But we also wanted a place with a pool because it feels likes 100 deg here in the south with the humidity. And we new we'd be suffering after walking around where we had our outdoor wedding. Well, at the time of booking the website clearly stated there was a pool. But when we got there guess what - no pool! It was still under construction. What a huge disappointment. We were too tired at that point to hunt for another hotel for the right price so we opted just to stay but we did not think $120/night was a fair price without a pool. After arguing with me he dropped the price by $20 but that was not near enough to compensate for my disappointment. On top of that you can't even have drinks from the hotel bar in your room. Room service will not deliver drinks without food and you can't order drinks at the bar and walk them up to your room either. Plus their housekeepers do not understand the meaning of "do not disturb". Despite putting the sign out they were still knocking on our door in the morning.

Bottom line: if you plan on enjoying your stay, avoid this hotel like the plague! I will NOT be staying at this hotel again. EVER.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank CCC712
Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Nice new hotel in Hoover rooms are a little small but comfortable. During check in no upgrade for being Platinum was offered, so I asked about it. The front desk clerk said there should be but had to ask the manager. The managers reply was that none were available. Upon entering the room I looked on the internet and they were advertising better rooms being available.

So, if you want a nice new hotel this is a good choice, if you travel a lot and are looking for the benefits that Holiday Inn offers for your loyalty this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank flfrequenttraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham
Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover? Share your experiences!