“Cozy, comfortable room”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, United States
“Cozy, comfortable room”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I will have stayed at this Homewood Suites in Hoover for a total of 15 days after this current stay. Each time the staff greets me they are friendly and seem genuinely interested in how I am doing. They're quick to engage me in conversation and ask how everything is going. The rooms are updated with dark wood furnishings, granite countertops, decent microwave and a full size fridge. I've made soup several times which definitely comes in handy. Each Monday-Thursday evening they have dinner prepared for you between 5:30 and 7:30 with a happy hour. They have Canyon Creek pinot grigio, merlot (I think), and white zinfandel and miller lite or yuengling on tap. They've had lasagna, stuffed peppers, meatloaf, chicken, and barbeque to name a few example meals they serve for dinner. They have a full breakfast with fruit, eggs, yogurt, biscuits, waffles... pretty much a full spread. It's incredibly convenient for business travelers! There's enough room in each suite for me to do a quick workout, but the fitness center at this location is pretty small. It's nice that if I get the studio room there's enough space to do some calistenics. I haven't had a bad experience, but I know that if I did they would be very quick to remedy the situation. The location is probably not awesome for most people, but I am about one or two blocks from my client so I find the location great. There's a Publix down the street and several restaurants for lunch. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for the price!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Kelly B
Teressa E, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
We appreicate you staying with us in January and completing our survey. We are glad you enjoyed our suite and felt it was cozy and comfortable. Our staff enjoyed your comments. We look forward to your next visit. Have an awesome day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 26, 2014

All I wanted was a quiet room, but the reasonably priced 'studio suite' I booked myself into turned out to be a lot more than that. A business traveler could live comfortably here for weeks on end.

Please see the attached photos, particularly the shot of the kitchenette. Many home kitchens aren't so well equipped. There's even a dishwasher!

The free morning buffet was unusually generous. If memory serves, the desk staffer also mentioned a dinner buffet, too, which I arrived too late to sample.

Hoover isn't that far from downtown Birmingham. I couldn't find well-regarded accommodations in the central city, so broadened my search to Hoover, liked what TripAdvisor users had to say about it, and made my reservation.

Now, the negatives:

I heard conversation through the wall behind the sofa, and more conversation from other guests through the wall behind the bed. It wasn't loud, but I heard it, and that counts as a significant mark against the hotel. I appreciate a nice-looking room and a generous buffet, but my first priority is a good night's sleep. The nearby guests were quiet enough to let me have that, but I could have been in a trouble with partying college students next door. Those walls weren't thick enough to protect me from noisy neighbors.

It was quite cold when I visited Birmingham, and I had trouble getting the room/suite's heater to keep me warm. A gentlemanly service staffer visited my room to explain the heater's workings, but I remained unsatisfied; I'd rate it as 'barely adequate.'

If you're less persnickety about noise and are visiting in warmer months, I would grab a room here without hesitation. I also might return, because the hotel's positives so impressed me, and -- frankly -- because this might be the best deal in the Birmingham area. TripAdvisor users don't seem to be wild about anything else in this city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey about your stay here at Homewood Suites Birmingham Riverchase. We apologize for the room noise and heater problems you had and hope you reported it. Our goal is to correct guest issues immediately before they check out. Our goal is to make sure our guests are completely satisfied during their stay. We hope to see you again in the near future. Have a great day.
Mentone, Alabama
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here over Thanksgiving. The staff was very friendly and went out their way to welcome us. The breakfast was good. Thanksgiving day they even had a dinner for all to share. The room was great with a comfortable bed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review about your stay here at Homewood Suites Birmingham Riverchase. We review the comments daily to help improve our service and accommodations. We strive to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stay and want to return. We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service. Have an awesome day.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a very nice homewood, generally love the brand. This property specifically could use a little tlc in the breakfast area. Hot food doesn't stay hot long, only 1 waffle maker and if they're full, it gets very crowded and there's long lines sometimes. Also, the breakfast staff doesn't seem to care about being out of certain things or about having scrambled eggs three days in a row. Everything else is ok but I expect better from homewood.

• Stayed January 2014
Teressa E, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com. We review the comments daily with our staff to help improve our service and accommodations. We apologize for not meeting your expectations with our meals and I have spoken to the Food and Beverage Department for correction. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to the next opportunity to be of service.
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We made a one night stop at the Homewood Suites in Birmingham-SW/Riverchase-Galleria on our way to Florida. Frankly, I wish we would have stayed longer ,,, It was a great hotel, great location - Excellent overall experience. We rented the (1) king / (2) queen bedroom suite for my family and couldn't have been more satisfied - Thank you!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com. Our staff is pleased that you had a great hotel experience while in Hoover. We strive to provide the best in service and accommodations. Thank you for your business and we look forward to the next opportunity to be of service. Have a great day.
Nashville, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the Homewood suites and found this hotel very clean and very attentive staff. I encountered a problem with the AC/Heater unit once I arrived in the room, but it was resolved within minutes. The room was very clean and several amenities including the small kitchen area. If you need a place to stay for either an overnight, or extended stay, this hotel will offer you a clean room, very nice amenities and at a very competitive price. Don't forget the nice breakfast each morning...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on TripAdvisor.com. We are happy that we met you needs and provided accommodations to your expectation. Our staff enjoys getting nice reviews from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day.
millry, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

staff was super nice and that makes all the diffence. lobby was nice and welcoming. great value for the price. the only hotel i have stayed in birmingham that was actually quiet. location is quiet. suite was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your nice review on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you were pleased with your stay and enjoyed a nice quiet experience. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Have a nice day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria? Share your experiences!