“Staff & Accommodations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Staff & Accommodations”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our stay has been a true joy. The staff went out of their way to make us feel like family. The family that you really want to be around. The facility was will kept and easy to navigate. Overall, we loved our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melony T, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and sharing with everyone how much you enjoyed your stay. It is always our hope that our guests leave feeling like family and we are happy that, in this case, we succeeded! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I CANNOT begin to explain how much this staff as meant to me! I have been living at this hotel for the past three months and from Day One they have gone out of their way to take care of me. From recommending places to eat, checking on me when I'm coming and going to make sure I am doing well and going above and beyond when I needed anything! I stayed in the suite with a king size bed in one room and a den and sleeper sofa in the other. It was comfortable, the beds were wonderful and the room was always clean! The location of the hotel is wonderful and has many great restaurants surrounding the area. You have quick access to shopping at the Riverchase Galleria, The Rave movie theatre and lots of outlying shopping centers. The value for the room was very good. One of the main features I loved was eating in The Lodge area for breakfast and dinner. It's nice to feel like you have the option of a more home-cooked meal rather than having to eat out all the time and the price is included in the stay. I cannot express my gratitude enough to the amazing staff at this location. My business stay has concluded and I am now moving to the Birmingham area but when I finish packing up to move to the city, I will be staying here again when I return and would encourage anyone to stay here when you want the best in hospitality!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Melony T, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for giving us such a wonderful review! During your stay you certainly became like family to us. From everyone at the front desk to the ladies in the food and beverage department to the housekeepers and maintenance staff, we looked forward to seeing and chatting with you each day. Guests like you are what make our jobs so rewarding. Now that you’re moving to “The Magic City” we hope that you won’t be a stranger. Thank you again for your review! We wish you much success in Birmingham!
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our golf foursome rented 2 suites (a one-bedroom and a 2-bedroom) for a week-long golf trip in mid-October. Although I wanted to be able to cook, the kitchen was only equipped to reheat food. But the rest of the amenities made up for that minor disappointment. Rooms were small but well-designed and very clean and quiet. Bathroom had separate sink and toilet areas to both of us could get ready at the same time in the morning. There was a amazing full hot breakfast every morning and a hot meal Mon- Thurs evening with wine and beer - at no charge. Amber, at the front desk, was especially helpful but everyone went out of their way to accomodate our needs. Would definitely stay at this chain again and highly recommend this particular location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melony T, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for telling everyone about our great rooms and amenities. In addition to the two bedroom suite and the king one bedroom suite that you stayed in while you were here we also offer a studio suite and a two queen one bedroom suite. All of our suites feature a kitchen and a sitting area with a pull out sleeper sofa AND our suites are 25% larger than a standard hotel room. While you were not able to prepare meals in your room as you would have preferred we are glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet and evening meal. Again, thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great place for business travelers and families. We evacuated there for 5 nights. The room was very clean, and they provide a wonderful hot breakfast and dinner included in the rate. They also allow small dogs and have a park like setting in the back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Melony T, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for providing such a great review for our hotel! It makes us feel good to know that we are consistently providing superior customer care, and an exceptional product. We work hard in all areas of the hotel from the food and beverage to the front desk and housekeeping. We want to make sure that every guest experiences service that is second to none! We are happy that you found a “home away from home” with us while you were displaced from your home.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at this Homewood Suites on Saturday, September 29th. The room was nicely furnished and well laid-out. However, when we entered the bathroom, we noticed that there seemed to be some water damage at one time leaving what appeared to be mildew on the time flooring near the shower door. We did not bother to report it to the management at that time as we arrived at the hotel very late that night and, after a very busy day, just wanted to go to bed to get rest. The next morning, when we were checking out the hotel, I approached the front desk and was greeted with an obnoxious comment by the front desk clerk. Although she seemed to think she was joking with me, I did not appreciate the comment. She could tell I was not amused but she never offer an apology. Instead, she just continued to laugh and roll her eyes when I asked to speak with a manager. The general manager was not in at the time so the housekeeping manager came out to talk with me. I explained the situation and felt that the housekeeping manager understood my disappointment with the treatment I received. She suggested that I contact the general manager the next day by phone to discuss the situation with her as well. When I called the general manager this morning, she was already aware of the situation. She did apologize and said that the front desk clerk should have apologized to me when she noticed I was not amused by her comment. I pointed out to her that not once was I asked about my stay and that perhaps her desk clerk should be trained to understand that she is representing the hotel and should make her primary objective to make the guest feel welcomed and not insulted. There are many lodging options in the Birmingham/Hoover area and I will be sure to find another hotel to spend my money in the future!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherri25
Melony T, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for the feedback on your experience at Homewood Suites by Hilton in Hoover Alabama. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lack of service you experienced while at our hotel. When our front desk clerk said "Roll Tide" to you she did not mean it in an offensive manner, however it did offend you and for that we apologize. We hope that you will visit us again if you're ever in the area.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood suites in Hoover Alabama when I was in Alabama for training. I arrived on a Sunday at about 5pm. The hotel director, Teressa, was extremely helpful and kind. Right away, she was asking what she could to make our stay better. She even went above and beyond her required duties for us on more than one occasion. The hotel was extremely clean. EVERYONE on the staff was helpful and kind. The rooms were beautiful and the amenities were astonishing. The hotel serves a delicious brekfast everyone morning and dinner Monday-Thursday. This was my second time coming to the state for work. The first time we stayed at the Hyatt and it does not even compare to our stay at the Homewood Suites. Thank you to everyone on the Homewood Suites staff for making my stay a pleasant one. We appreciate all of your kindness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Teressa and the rest of the staff here at Homewood Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review of us with everyone in TripAdvisor land! It is our desire that every guest that stays with us has an experience as enjoyable as yours. If you ever find yourself back in the area, we hope that you will stay with us and have the chance to experience all that Birmingham has to offer!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have stayed here 15 days over the past six months. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are well appointed/designed and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful.

Throw in the breakfast and dinner that is included in the price and you have a great value. The hotel is also close to the Galleria area with many restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Any of the king size rooms are great