“Sweeeeet”

Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great staff n great deal on staying in adjoining two studio suites. Great breakfast and the woman serving n prepping food was AMAZING. She was friendly, professional and so accommodating. Room was very nice and spacious and front desk personnel helpful and always smiling. Now down side was housekeeping - attitude and not happy doing job and that was reflected in the room -I would imagine it ain't pretty but it is a job.
Average rating on service due to housekeeping.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem decent .... Any above pool would be a bit noisy during summer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Alyssa S, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I am happy to hear your positive comments about our hotel. In addition, I appreciate your constructive criticsm about our housekeeping department. Please be assured that these issues will be addressed at our daily huddles. If you have the time please call me as I have a few more questions regarding your concerns.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

walking into my room it smelt quite funny. the carpet is disgusting. I had on white socks and the bottoms of my socks were black within a couple of hours. I slept in the pull out bed in the couch and I found a bug in my bed. the layout of the rooms are odd. but as far as service... service was great. so was the breakfasts as dinners. the staff is very nice and wanting to fulfill the needs of the guests.

• Stayed: July 2013

While I am thrilled our associates went above and beyond for you, I am concerned that you experienced less than clean carpet in your room. In addition, we have a pest control company that comes out regularly. Please contact me as I need to know what room you stayed in to get these issues resolved.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The front desk staff was very nice. The hotel lobby and breakfast area was maintained. It took a while for the air conditioner to start working in the living room, the glass was broken on the top of the stove. We didn't need the stove, but I don't think broken appliances are attractive. We did not bring this to the attention of the hotel since we were only staying for 1 night. There was no ice in the room, and we did get ice from the front desk. You may have to ask if you are arriving and need ice.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front of the hotel face a road.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Alyssa S, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate your suggestion about ice at check in. Since we are designed as an extended stay hotel we do not have ice machines on the floors. Many guests like yourself, enjoy having ice availble once they have checked in. As for the crack on the stove top, I will send our maintenance team to repair it immediately.

Sincerley,

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The property is beautiful, quiet, secluded, and immaculate. We stayed on the top floor and it was a peaceful evening - no noise at all. The hotel's in-house restuarant, Brock's has a limited menu. The flatbread's are excellent. This hotel is worth the drive.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel was a good rest stop. It seemed like a very safe location. The hotel was clean and nice. The front desk took the time to ask for our preference and give us a larger room. The wait staff delivered an extra blanket in a timely manner, which is actually very rare considering the ease of the task. We had a little mishap because of the lack of lubricant on the waffle maker, but the lady in charge of the breakfast was sweet and diligent. We would definitely stay here again. By the way, I am not going to bother to review the Buffalo Wild Wings near by, but don't waste your time eating there!

Room Tip: Some room of the same type are larger than others.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

First some facts:
(1) I stayed for 8 nights in this property for a conference in Hoover and Birmingham.
(2) I am a Hilton loyalist - so a Marriott stay is uncommon for me - but the price was better than the Embassy down the street.

This was an absolute GREAT stay. The hotel is clean. The staff is extremely friendly. The facilities are good. I highly recommend it.

The rooms are nice - not huge - but well laid out. For those who wish to cook something, there is a great set up in the kitchen area. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small, but efficient with the sinks outside of the shower/toilet area. The TV was on a swivel for easy moving depending on where you were sitting.

The evening dinner (Mon to Thurs) was good. Our menu included (on different nights) - Tacos, Hot Dogs, Chicken w Rice. Dessert was a cake. There were salads. There was also complimentary beer and wine and soda.

We did eat out every night. The steakhouse across the street is good - kind of place with peanuts all over the floor. Firebirds in the shopping center was also good. Walmart across the street has a huge food store area. Lots of other places close by and good.

The breakfast was the usual rotation of eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc. The coffee was not the best, but ok. I did prefer the trip down to Starbucks for a more substantial cup of joe. It was also nice to be able to sit outside in the morning in eat.

The hotel was clean with timely room servicing.

The location is very good to the city of Birmingham (15-20 mins), to Hoover (it's in Hoover), and to the airport (20-25 mins). Easy highway driving. A caution to NE City drivers - people in Alabama drive the speed limit - like actually go 60 in the left hand lane even with a line of 10 cars trying to pass and make no effort to get out of the way. It is extremely frustrating (though likely safer!).

Room Tip: The layout is sort of an L shape. Avoid the elevators and ask for a room on the second floor near a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Alyssa S, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for giving us an A+, we are so glad that you had a great stay with us. I look forward to sharing your positive comments with our team members. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give your positive feedback.

Sincerley,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is my 3rd stay at the Residence Inn in Hoover in 7 months. I have had no issues at all with service, cleanliness, etc. It is a very convenient location if you are travelling for business to any Riverchase area businesses. The rooms are spacious and upscale for a great price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Alyssa S, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stays with us! I will share your positive comments with our team members in our daily huddles. Thank you, for taking the time out of your day to share your comments.

Alyssa Stroup

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
1 mi away
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover? Share your experiences!