“Family trip for bowl game”

Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
Corinth, Mississippi
“Family trip for bowl game”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family of four stayed here for two nights, January 4th and 5th. I prefer staying in condos on extended trips but on short trips such as this, I still want at least a separate bedroom. This is what we had here and we were very pleased. One note of caution is that it can be noisy on the street side (our side) but it did not keep any of our 4 from sleeping soundly. Just might want to ask for a room on the other side. The staff at the front desk was so helpful, just wished I remembered their names to give them a shout out. The second night my wife and I sat in the lobby by the fireplace for over two hours visiting with a friend who had come to see us. My wife was using her smart phone to use the internet. She was having some problems and the night manager spent several minutes helping her. He even called the motel technical support and got my wife on the phone to talk to them. As far as our room, it was very comfortable. The bedroom seemed a little small but the king size bed was nice. Shower pressure was fine. This is a very nice place to stay and is a great bargain also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Opp, Alabama
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

As a whole, this hotel was better than the Hyatt down the street (which was the first hotel we had reservations for). Smelled clean, in a nice, lighted, safe location. The room was really crowded with furniture but was nicely stocked with anything one might need in the kitchen or such. On a general inspection, this place looked pretty good- wiped counters in the kitchen, granite end tables, and clean sheets. On closer inspection, the Furniture was a little worn and cracked, the sink area in the bath had literal boogers wiped on the wall, and the unplaced stopper in the tub made it possible for anyone to see the incredibly hair laden drain.... The next morning was the really priceless deal breaker. As I picked up my jewelry that I had laid on the end table the night before, I noticed some small whitish particles about the size of rice grains. I opened the curtains to let light in. I squinted down to see what had been beside my head all night and discovered that the whole granite table was covered in someone else's finger and toe nail trimmings! Bleech!!!!! That only meant that the housekeeping had neglected to even try to wipe off the table from previous guests. The entire table was covered!!!!!!! I was so upset!!! So lesson is- ok establishment but maybe check on the Embassy Suites or the new Hampton Inn down the street first ----- unless you enjoy toenails.

• Stayed December 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am a real hotel snob. Cleanliness with no gross smells rank at the top of my list when looking for a hotel on the road. I also always try to locate the newer hotels along my route, and will often stay a little off the beaten path if it will give me what I want and need in a hotel.
I am a brand new pet owner and have always steered clear of staying at pet-friendly hotels for fear of pet odor, soiled carpets, etc. But this past weekend was my first experience travelling with my dog and needing a hotel. I had heard good things about the per-friendly Residence Inns. And I had a great experience with a Residence Inn 2 years ago in Baton Rouge.
Well, my stay this past weekend was a very positive one. The room was very clean, no evidence at all of a pet ever being in my room. Smelled fresh. The guy at the front desk was so accommodating and even came down to my room to reset the a/c unit with a "VIP code" to cool it way down for us. It stayed cool all night and with the rain coming in during the night, we all slept soundly. We crated our dog the entire time and she slept too. It was a great experience. The breakfast was good and I was impressed with the breakfast staff. They kept things replenished and very clean. I met Alyssa, the manager, at check-out and she was very professional and accommodating. We will definitely be staying at Residence Inn again and if we find ourselves back in Hoover, we will stay there again.
The only negative that would be great to correct is there was no DISNEY CHANNEL on the TV. This is the first time I have ever experienced this problem at a hotel. When travelling with children, The Disney Channel is a MUST. NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT. Residence Inn, please see about adding the Disney Channel to your channel line-up. Y'all had HBO, but that doesn't entertain small kids. Thank you!

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor. I liked this. Right next to lobby and breakfast and no waiting fo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, CO
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This property seemed to be very new and well appointed. We stayed in a studio suite and it was very nicely laid out. Kitchen had very nice countertops and stainless steel appliances. It was very functional. TV is on a swivel so you can see it from the small living area and the bed. Three issues we had and we did not really report, 1) closet doors were flimsy and kept coming off track, 2) noise from road in front of property was pretty loud, even from the 5th floor, I would ask for a room away from the road, 3) the chair next to the coach was very worn. I rarely give out 5 stars to any property but this one is as close as it could be to 5 stars in my mind!! Breakfast was excellent as was the nightly manager's reception, good cake!!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the ones facing John Hawkins Parkway!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We loved our stay at this hotel. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The decorations and trinkets on the shelf made it feel like a home. We stayed here while driving across the country to move, and enjoyed our stay so much we joked about staying a second night but decided to just get on with our 4 day drive. We would definitely stay here again. We love that they are pet friendly too!!

• Stayed October 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have been staying in Birmingham-area hotels for several years due to having family there. Of all the hotels in which we have stayed, this is our favorite one. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The complimentary breakfasts are very good and the staff is very friendly and service oriented. It is also very convenient to I-459, I-65, US-31, the Galleria Mall and there is a Walmart across the street. In addition, a bank with ATM is adjacent to the hotel. There is a Chevron station nearby, as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
mark501
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We usually stay at a Hampton Inn, but with the addition of 2 kids and my mom, we needed a 2 bedroom suite. I was afraid I would not be able to afford it, but the price was under $200 and was as nice as a Hilton, as far as the suite is concerned. The Lobby is just as beautiful as an upscale hotel, but much much smaller. However, there was a business area with fireplace, sitting area with fireplace, breakfast room, outside fire pit and putting practice green. Very nice decor, with one exception: what looked like a used hospital chair among the beautiful furniture in the living area in the suite. It wasn't, used, but was trying to be shabby chic, but did not work. Other than that, beautiful. Nice full kitchen with granite counters and good lighting. I have stayed in some very nice hotels, and this was very nice, not as big as the 4 stars, but just as nice.
Advice to owners and staff: some scuffs in the hall and on the walls need to be cleaned and painted as it happens, or it could turn into a bad looking hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the end of the hall, it seems some sound can come up the elevator shaft.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mark501
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover

Been to Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover? Share your experiences!