Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham
Hampton.com
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover(Hoover)(Great Value!)
$129
$129
  • Pool
$55
TripAdvisor
All reviewswindow seatroom was cleancontinental breakfastrooms are smallyogurtstay there againplenty of places to eatboiled eggsstaff was very friendlyqueen beddesk clerknext morningnon smokingexercise roomshopping and restaurantseasy accessgalleria mall
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Good price but room much much smaller than pictures. Big comfortable beds but no space in front. Tiny desk. No extra plugs in room. Had to unplug clock. Bathroom small. Little counter. Window bed had stains. Slept late and cleaning staff passed room. Didn't come back and left early afternoon. Good breakfast with good variety. Off 150 and hard to see entrance.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 4, 2012

First time our group has stayed at this Microtel and we found it outstanding. From Check in to check out and all five days between, it was a great experience. I look forward to working with them in August-September.

Room Tip: All are good but take a room away from the early morning outside activity on certain days.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Honestly, I've never stayed at a Microtel before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I picked this one because of other reviews, and I did not regret it. We had a suite, so the room was huge! Microwave, mini-fridge, counter w/bar stools, sink for washing dishes, padded window seat, love seat with ottoman...it was niiiiiice. (Although the love seat and ottoman were both coated with tiny glitter that could only be seen when the light above the love seat was turned on. Good thing neither one of us sat down before I noticed it!) Clean facility and room (other than the glitter), extremely affordable. Definitely going to stay here again if we travel this route!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, we had a suite. Service was excellent, my only complaint, I was quoted one price which I got for the first night, but the next 3 nights was $9.00 higher plus taxes. I will not be in the poor house over this but was disapointed with the charge. I didn't notice this until I got home and happen to look at the bill. My stay was from 5/21 till 5/25/12.
Ronnie Bonds

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

when elevator broke,i could not walk up to the forth floor,i was told it would take apx 2 hrs to repair, julie mosley gen.mgr and her staff went to my room on the forth floor,packed my things,brought them to a first floor room much upgraded, and charged me the same price, this was 5th stay here, best stay ever, excellent, best staff ever

Room Tip: any room is excellent
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo