Jackson's Bar & Bistro
Ranked #25 of 84 Restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: French
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great food, excellent Sunday brunch, if the weather is nice, wonderful patio. There's a reason I went here three times over the weekend I recently spent in Birmingham. Go here, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Jackson's is a modern bar in the SoHo district in Homewood. The food is very good and they bake their own bread every day, and they have a great wood fire, stone oven for pizza. The bar is good with a strong beer selection, and they boast One of Birmingham's favorite desserts - cookie dough egg rolls. The staff is very attentive without being annoying or giving you that crept feeling that they are joining your party. They do know their regulars, and that gives the place a great feel.

On the downside, if you are looking for a quiet place, this is not it. The inside floor is stained concrete, which looks really cool, but creates a lot of volume. You can still conduct a meeting inside during lunch, but not at night. You can, however enjoy the patio. During spring , summer and fall the patio is perfect! They have just redone their patio furniture and the chairs are very comfortable. The only other negative is that both of the restrooms are singles - this can create a problem at a bar on a crowded night.

Give Jackson's a shot!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We decided to eat here after it was recommended by a friend. It is a modern bar/restaurant. The night we were there it was dimly lit;I was glad I had a little flashlight on my keychain. It is a large place and has outside seating, also. It had standard bar food which is not our favorite. The quality of the food was good. Our server was attentive. If you are looking for an upscale Applebee's this is a good choice.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Excellent Bloody Marys and Mimosas. I have only been for brunch, but loved it! They have very nice and slightly unique options.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I ate at this property for lunch today, as a scouting trip for my chruch group. I started with the Rush Chardonnay ($8.00). The entree was the baked marinara ($10.50), which I highly recommend. I had the Lessee Firth (red wine - $8.00) with meal. For dessert, I had the Gooey Butter Cake ($6.00) for dessert. This property is targeted at the 20 - 30 urban age group (chrome, glass, exposed wooden beams, etc.) It is located in Homewood, in the SoHo Square District, off Highway 31, near the Little Professor Book Store. Free public parking is available on 28th Avenue, South - 1 (one) block from this property. I would eat there again. Eat here for the food, not the amosphere.