“Interesting Resturant”

Nabeel's Cafe and Market
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in Homewood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Interesting Resturant”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were looking for a change of pace and decided this was it.
Meals, service and atmosphere were fine.
Interesting selection of wines, tried a very good red, Fuschiaa, on recomendation of server.He was very helpful in selection of wine and meals.
Overall an enjoyable event!

• Visited September 2012

Birmingham, AL
“Great Greek in the Ham”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have been here several times and never had a bad meal. The spanakopita (sp?) is my favorite.

This place won't let you down

Visited August 2012
“Must try!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Nabeel's is like no other place in Birmingham, loved there Bruschetta, We stopped in the store before leaving and bought a fresh bushel of oregano.

• Visited August 2012
Homewood, AL
“Some good things never change”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nabeel's has been a Homewood landmark for years. The staff is very friendly and if you go a few times, they will remember you forever. A marriage between two cultures (Greek and Italian) resulted in delicious cooking and a homey atmosphere in this family-run restaurant and market.

Try the Feta Theologos (baked feta) appetizer and you will be hooked for good. Cold mint tea, daily specials not to be overlooked, and a variety of Mediterranean dishes, along with an import market make this a destination that should be on your list. If you want a bargain, get some dried herbs for a fraction of the supermarket price. Wonderful selections of olives and feta cheeses from different countries, as well as Octavia's famous chicken salad. Need I say more?

• Visited July 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good Greek Food, But Better Service Needed”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My daughter and I ate at Nabeel's recently and arrived around 5:30. The restaurant was not busy, but the server was conversing with one of the other tables at the rear of the restaurant. She finally brought menus. She then again went back to her conversation with the table in the back, but finally came and took our order. My daughter and I have both been to Greece, and we love Greek food. I ordered the Horiatiki Greek Salad (no lettuce) and the Moussaka. My daughter ordered the Hummus and the Greek Hamburger. It seemed to take a long time, but the server finally brought my salad and quickly walked away. I then realized our table had no silverware or napkins. I waited for the server to come back around, and she finally did. I asked her for silverware and napkins. She was surprised there were none--I guess she's not very observant of her tables! Anyway, the Greek salad was very good; very much like what I had on my trips to Greece. The entrees arrived, and my daughter realized the server had not brought her hummus. She reminded the server who admitted she forgot. She promptly brought out an order of hummus. The hummus was ok, but not the best I've had. My moussaka looked different than moussaka I've had at other Greek restaurants, but the taste was absolutely delicious! I will definitely order this again! My daughter like her Greek Hamburger. For dessert, my daughter had the baklava, and I ordered the cannoli. Both were delicious. There are two restrooms in the restaurant; I used the one that was in the back and off to the side with a window in it. I would not use this restroom as it is not very clean. My daughter used the restroom that was straight back near the kitchen, and she said it was ok. All in all, I would eat here again, but the service leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps this was a one-time bad service, so I'll definitely give it another chance!

• Visited July 2012