“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
Jackson, Mississippi
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was one of the only ones we could find a vacancy. It was Talladega weekend. Called and booked when we were 15 minutes away, when we arrived the front desk lady was very rude and said we obviously didn't book at this hotel because she didn't have anything under my name. Turns out they had it under my first and middle name, and not my last name. She was nicer after that and stated she had a long, hard day at work! I still felt it was unnecessary to be so cold and to just let me stand there not knowing what to do and trying to get the lady back on the phone that made the reservation. She could have at least offered to help me. Our room was very nice and clean and the pool was wonderful! We paid the extra ten dollars for the breakfast and the staff were very polite and professional. I really think breakfast should be included though, most all of the Holiday Inn express hotels we have stayed in always have breakfast included, and are usually cheaper than this one.They really hit you with the City tax, county tax, state tax, ect......it was over 30.00 dollars in just taxes. We were just passing through on our way to Atlanta, and we had a great stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alicia A
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
It is nice to hear you did have a nice stay here but we are also very concerned about your check in and please accept our apologies for the problems it caused you. We hope you will give us another try on your next visit our way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this property. It's starting to show some rough edges. The staff was very friendly. My bathroom had fraying wallpaper with mold underneath. The breakfasts in the restaurant were very average. The wi-fi stopped working, so I checked out early.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Businesstraveler98
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so that we can follow-up with our team. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve.
Smyrna, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 nights while in town on business. The staff was excellent. Lakisha and Beverly were wonderful. They were so accommodating along with the rest of the staff. The property was well taken care of however I would have preferred a better business center. I needed a scanner or fax and neither were available.
I will definitely choose to stay there next time I visit Birmingham!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel the Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood. Thank you also for taking the time to compliment our staff we will be sure they know about your comments. We look forward to your next visit.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while looking for apartments for a friend who is moving to town.

The location was perfect, as everything was easily accessible.

The staff was terrific and very helpful.

The hotel and rooms were clean, quiet, and pleasant to look at. The fitness center was great as well.

When I'm coming back for a visit, I will definitely seek this hotel out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MadeleineOH
dave11110, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I thank you for the great feedback about the hotel and our staff. I am very happy that we have exceeded your expectations and hope to see you again the next time you are in the Birmingham area.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

1. rooms clean
2. people friendly, and always amenable
4. Lakisha, Steve, Mike and chef ( can't remember his name), provide great customer satisfaction . Dinner was excellent, as I am watching my. weight they did the salmon exactly how I wanted. Great team. Breakfast, didn't go exactly to plan, not sure they know how to cook a plain egg white omelette, but it turn ok on. the end :-)
5. only issue I had was the bathroom, which has s fan. to extract moisture, permanently ON, no way to turn. off, and hence you have an. annoying hum all through the night even. if u close the bathroom door and I'm. partially deaf
other than that the hotel was great

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank woodbadg
Thank you for the feedback and I am glad that you had a good experience with our restaurant staff. Our new chef at night is fantastic and I hope that you join us again for a great meal with the restaurant and bar staff, I know they work hard every day to give our guests the great service that they deserve. And come back for an egg white omelet as my chef has already given my breakfast chef some training and I guarantee you will have a great experience at breakfast as you did at dinner!

I apologize for the exhaust fan in the bathroom, they do not turn off but I will make sure that they are all inspected and repaired if need be as they should not make enough noise to bother you while you sleep.

I hope that you will choose us for your next stay with us in the Birmingham area and if I can be of any assistance to you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here three days on business. The location was great for us, since we needed to be at Samford University (about 5min away). From what I experienced, while the hotel is nice enough, its "ace in the hole" is its staff. Not only were they friendly, but they did everything they could to make the stay pleasant. The lady who checked me in took care of a slightly tricky check-in so that I was in my room in no time. Teresa always had a smile for us at breakfast and wished us luck (we were there for a conference basketball tournament)-and she really seemed sincere! Housekeeping answered every request with a smile! They were all wonderful. The rooms were nice and the beds were comfy. The only thing I might change is that while the bed was comfortable, the pillows were less so. Still, I would stay here again-particularly because of the super staff. Kudos to them!

Room Tip: For a bit more quiet, you may want to try a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott G
dave11110, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the great feedback about the staff, they always do their very best to make sure that our guests are completely satisfied and taken care of. We hope you choose our hotel again the next time you are in the Birmingham area and if we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just a one-nighter business trip, but was impressed. Do not normally stay at this brand of Hotel,
so was nice to see how far they have come. In room dining was good, service was great, room and hotel were very clean.

Room Tip: Stay away from the noisy elevators
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the positive feedback about our hotel. We hope that you choose our hotel and Holiday Inn again for your next stay in the Birmingham area and if we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

David Cobb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homewood
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Homewood
Best Western Plus Carlton Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
Candlewood Suites Birmingham/Homewood

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood? Share your experiences!