“Very good dollar value”

Quality Inn - Homewood
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Super nice people that seem to be concerned about your stay. Clean rooms with plenty of channels on tv. Very solid wifi conections. Convenient location. Variety of restaurants nearby. Comfortably safe feel to it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ran H
gmal228, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

It was very thoughtful of you to write a review of satisfaction and is very favorable on our behalf. Of course, we do strive for customer satisfaction and are pleased to hear we have accomplished our goal. Thank you for your kind words and hope if you find yourself in this area you will definately consider us for your stay.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn - Homewood

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Front desk attended was too busy watching a football game. Gave us a room facing the freeway with noise all night long. The room did not seem clean other than the sheets. Bedspread had stains.
Not cheap enough for what we got.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway. Find another motel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Number1beach
gmal228, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

I do apologize for your dissatisfaction of your stay with us. We do strive for customer satisfaction, however if room location was an issue that could have been resolved immediately if brought to front desk's attention and the same with any untideness in the room. Hopefully you will consider us again if in the area.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

For this stay, we got what we paid for. The cheap price made it acceptable, although I would pass if it's over $50. There are nicer places around but they are $100 or more, and this is roughly half the price so I accept differences in quality for the cost savings. The bed was fine and I didn't notice dirt or anything, although a lot of construction people stay here and have their diesel trucks coming and going early and late, and they are loud trucks. I would stay at a better place if I come back but would stay here again if I can save $50. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg C
gmal228, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. We strive for customer satisfaction and glad you were pleased with your stay. Hopefully if you are in this area in the future you will consider us for your stay.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel is an alright stay if your just needing a bed for the night, however I would not recommend as a multiple days stay type of hotel or extended stay. The rooms are accessed from the outside so if you don't like that sort of thing there's a heads up, oh and the tv kept switching off when trying to change the channels and there was no remote. However the bed was very comfortable and I slept great.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank BMG2513
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I made advanced reservations but when I arrived they did not have a room available to accommodate us. The room was cramped and the bathroom floor appeared to have mold on it. The room was noisy. The staff was nice when you could locate them. A very bad experience!

• Stayed: November 2013
gmal228, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thanks for your response.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This motel does not come close to all the other quality inns. I stay in two or three quality inns a week and this
Quality Inn is terrible. Other ones have comfortable chairs and spacious rooms this room feels like a prison cell when no comfortable chair.
I will never stay here again, the seventy three dollars I paid is about twice what it is worth. EXTREMELY unhappy.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your response.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My sister and I were on our way back home from Biloxi, MS and New Orleans, LA. I asked her to look on her iPad and find us a hotel to stay at overnight. She found this one. We called them from the car, spoke to a lovely young woman, and booked the stay.

When we got there, my sister went in to get the keys and sign in. We found the room and unloaded the car. Then, I checked on Trip Advisor to see the reviews. I saw mainly negative reviews. I couldn't understand it.

The room is a bit dated, that's true, but you wouldn't be getting the good rate that you get if they had gone to Haverty's and purchased all new furniture, now would you? After all, someone has to pay for that sort of thing.

The beds were comfortable, the TV had an excess of cable channels, which is rare in hotels. The room was clean (I didn't spy one bug - not even a spider), the bathroom was clean, the water pressure was fine. The linens were clean and the carpet was clean.

At checkout, the desk clerk was just as pleasant as at check in. We didn't partake of the breakfast, as we had to get on the road. But we did notice that not only was the place very well lit at night, but there were also security cameras on the premises. Now, whether they're for show, or for real, I don't know, but they sure made me feel safe regardless.

I couldn't have been more pleased, and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
gmal228, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your response regarding your most recent stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you have provided. We hope that you will consider staying with us again

Thanks,
Customer Relation Dept

Also consider these accommodations in or near Homewood
Best Western Plus Carlton Suites
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#48 of 80 in Birmingham
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Homewood
Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood

Been to Quality Inn - Homewood? Share your experiences!