“Run down and cramped” 2 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn - Homewood
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
“Run down and cramped”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was an adequate place to spend the night for my recent graduation from Samford University. I had previously stayed at another Quality Inn in Birmingham and actually thought that was where I was making a reservation at. The bedding was stained, the ac did not work in the first room (the staff begrudgingly moved us to another room). Our reservation was for a king room we got a room with two double beds. We did not stay for breakfast but it looked pretty good.

Room Tip: This hotel sits right off of I-65 so ask for a room on the side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
gmal228, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hi,
I am sorry to hear of the issues that you had at our location, we are in the process of improving issues and hopefully if you are in our area again, you will consider us again.

Thanks,
Guest Relations Dept.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Toilet wouldn't flush. Room floor not level almost tumbled out of window. Armoire was extremely dusty. Entire hotel placed on a hill. Parking lot is not well. The staff was helpful. Had a problem and maintenance came right up.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmal228, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Hi,

Sorry about the issues you experienced with our location, we will address those issues immediatly. Thanks for the input. If you find yourself in our location again, I hope you will consider us.

Thanks,
Guest Relations

Travelers are raving about these Homewood hotels

IN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Quality Inn was my first choice when me and spouse decided to choice somewhere to stay over the weekend from our long 10 hr drive but we deciede to stay anyways to save money. As we arrived at the hotel the appreance was not that bad. Once we were checking in I must say that the customer service was horrible. There was a middle age looking man checking us in who in fact did not greet us nor did he seemed thrilled that he was receiving besiness. Ignoring the rude empolyees we still decided to stay. Unfortuanly our two day stay was ended with a one night stay that I refuse to the put reasons in this review due to leagality reasons. But i must say the previous reviews that were read and ignored about this hotel/motel was very true and I will never EVER stay at another quality inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was a bit worried about booking this hotel after reading a few reviews and my fears turned out to be true. My husband and I were on a long road trip throughout the south and decided to stay at various types of establishments throughout our trip. We didn't budget to stay in luxurious hotels every night, so we decided to save a few dollars by booking a room here. Big mistake.

First the pros: The breakfast isn't bad. The property was fairly easy to find and has parking available.

The cons: This "hotel" (more like motel) was dirty and disappointing on so many levels. When we checked in, the older woman at the front desk was cordial. We were given a room on the second floor, and as soon as we stepped into it, it smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. I am pretty sensitive to the residual smells of cigarettes but tried to be flexible. After about 5 minutes of inspecting the room, the smell got to me and my husband and I decided to change rooms. When we returned to the front desk, the clerk didn't apologize at all. She simply asked if we had messed up "her" room in any way, and we responded that we had not. She gave us the key to another room. This room smelled a little bit less of cigarette smoke, but was still pretty smelly. The carpet was worn, the bedspread looked like it hadn't been washed in ages, the sheets were thin, and the overall condition of the furniture was sub-standard. We were able to get decent sleep, but I developed a mild cough from inhaling the low quality air throughout the night.

Overall: If this place is renovated and spruced up, it could be quaint and charming; but it gives the impression that the owner/manager doesn't really care to do anything in the interest of attracting and satisfying guests. The front-desk clerk should also adopt a more amiable and helpful attitude.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't smell of cigarettes or grime. Good luck.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
gmal228, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hi,
I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction at our location. We have addressed all issues mentioned and hopefully if you are in this location again, you will consider us for a stay.

Again we sincerely apologize,
Guest Relations
Treasure Island, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I wasn't expecting this hotel to be amazing, but it just was pretty horrible. First issue - The woman working at the front desk was very rude. We walked into our room and had to walk right back out because the room smelled so strongly of cat urine. We went back to the front desk and told the woman what had happened. She didn't apologize or offer an explanation and just gave us a new room. The rooms look nothing like the pictures online. They are much dingier and dirty. Also wasn't in a great location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
gmal228, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Hi Ms. Laura,

I am sorry about your dissatisfaction at this location. We did speak with our front desk staff regarding this matter and we have also assigned a deep cleaning for that room. Again I apologize for your dissatisfaction and hopefully you would consier us again if in this location.

Guest Relations,
Sandrea Anderson
Rockwall, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was hesitant to book at this hotel after reading the mixed reviews but decided to give it a try. This is an older property just off I65 south of Birmingham. It is a 3-story building with the bottom two floors having outside entrances. I had a 3rd floor room. I found the room to be relatively quiet and of average size. It has a microwave, fridge, and coffee pot. While beginning to need remodeling, the room was good for the price and clean though the halls had a light musty smell. My only complaint with the room was the older mattress which was not a pillow top and only marginally comfortable. I dealt with 3 staff members with 1 being exceptionally nice and the other 2 were "OK".

Apart from the mattress, the only other below average area is the breakfeast. I stayed two nights and the first morning there was no coffee. The coffee is made by a push-button brewer and not adequate (or tasty) even when it worked on the second morning. There is one hot waffel grill, cereal, yogert, bagels, other small pasteries. The only fresh fruit was apples. (Apples for breakfast?). If you like breakfeast, you will be better served going out to eat.

The hotel is very close to Jim and Nicks BBQ which is excellent. Overall, the hotel was average but a reasonable value. With minor attention, it could rate much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gmal228, employee at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for the review, hopefully you will consider us again if you are ever on this side of town.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Attempted to check-in on January 6, 2012 using choice rewatd points. The person at the desk wanted to photocopy our drivers license and credit cards. Did this in New Orleans at another hotel and my id was compromised. Under no circumstances should anyone photocopy your information. We checked into the comfort suites at another location in Birmingham.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank alafans
gmal228, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn - Homewood, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
I am sorry for the inconvience that you encountered, but for security of our property we have to ensure the right to recover costs of items that may become missing or damaged. If no problem discovered, information will not be used. Information is kept secure under lock and key.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homewood
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#42 of 79 in Birmingham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood

Been to Quality Inn - Homewood? Share your experiences!