“Our favorite dessert spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dreamcakes

Dreamcakes
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Homewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Tuscaloosa
“Our favorite dessert spot!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

There's never any room for dessert after eating lunch at Saw's ... but we always seem to make room for these cupcakes! I can't get away from the "Over the Moon" (white velvet) while my wife always gets the caramel. We always promise each other that we'll just have a bite now and save the rest for later ... but these cupcakes rarely make it out of the store! Certainly a must-stop for anyone with a sweet-tooth.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Da'Lish ”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

There are cup cakes and then there is Dreamcakes. This place bakes the best tasting cupcakes in Birmingham. My favorite is the peanut butter cup. My brother hired them for a wedding cake, again amazing, delicious, perfect.
All I can say is get ready to enjoy then go work out to drop all that goodness off your waistline.

1 Thank LifeIsGood1968
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The best cup cakes ever!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My family and I stopped in this place for cupcakes after lunch at Saw's BBQ, it's two doors down from Saw's. My daughter had the wedding cake cupcake, in which she said was excellent. I had the vanilla, cream cheese pound cake! Excellent, mouth watering cake. It cost $6.50 for both, so about $3.25 a piece and worth every cent!

Visited March 2014
Carmel, Indiana
“Put Dreamcakes on your cupcake bucket list”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

After a fabulous rib lunch at Saw's, we wandered down the sidewalk a few yards and were delighted to find Dreamcakes. Creative cupcakes are packed into sweet pink boxes - although we are ours on the spot. Cafe tables, blackboard menus, vintage style beverages, cute square business cards and fun cake-themed sweatshirts & t-shirts give it a "bakery-chic" atmosphere. The highlight is the bake case--unique flavor and decorating combinations of more than cupcakes to choose from. We recommend Grapico, Chocolate Cheesecake and a super soft t-shirt (sizes run small).

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mhdaisy
Birmingham, Alabama
“Birthday cupcakes!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Needed to go by and pick up my wife a couple of last minute "birthday treats". Dreamcakes did not disappoint! The birthday cake cupcakes were awesome and the maple bacon cupcake was sent from heaven! Eat at one of the places nearby, but save room for cupcakes here!

Visited July 2013