“Dreamy!”
Review of Dreamcakes

Dreamcakes
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Homewood
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Delicious cupcakes. Cute store. Go now.

That pretty much says it all. My favorites so far are the wedding cake, strawberry milkshake and chocolate chip cookie dough. Hope to try more on my next visit to Bham.

1  Thank Amy E

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped at Saw's BBQ to get our dinner to go and then headed over to Dreamcakes for dessert. What a treat! Great service and even greater cupcakes. Even at the end of the day (we got there just before closing) the cupcakes were fresh and the frosting was light and creamy. We got the Chocolate High and the Coconut cupcakes and they were wonderful. So if you are looking for dessert, or just a nice afternoon treat, Dreamcakes is the place!

1  Thank BisoninLondon
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot. I have an addiction to cupcakes..... I love them. I'm not from Birmingham, Alabama, but the reviews on trip advisor steered me to dreamcakes. With more selections than most cupcake shops, and tastier than any place I have been, I visit dreamcakes whenever I can.

1  Thank jimh615
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Down the block from Saw's BBQ. I had read in reviews about the rude and unfriendly staff, but nothing could be further from the truth. I sampled a white velvet, wedding cake, and coconut cupcakes as well as the oatmeal cream pie. The oatmeal cream was amazing. I wanted more! Worth checking out.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Dreamcakes has the best cupcakes that I have ever eaten. They are moist and perfectly flavored with just the right amount of icing (not too much like some cupcake stores). My favorites are strawberry and caramel, but you can't go wrong with any if them.

They also have a Grapico cupcake fashioned after the grape soft drink Grapico that is bottled locally. It's definately a novelty.

If you want minis (sold by the dozen, I think) be sure you go early in the day as they sell out fast. I have tried twice to buy them around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and they have been sold out.

Also, dreamcakes has a cupcake truck that travels around Bham. I have seen it at the Summit and in downtown by UAB. You can usually find the current location of the truck on the dreamcakes website, twitter feed, and Facebook.

1  Thank SouthernGirlFromAla