“Dont waste your money”

Dallas, Texas
“Dont waste your money”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Chicken dry and tasteless
some kind of bean mess with raw green egg whites
We ordered six different entries
couldn't eat any of them

• Visited November 2013

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Fried chicken and Corn on the cob”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great experience. 1st visit and would definately return for a 2nd visit. Delicious chicken, corn salsa and chips.

• Visited July 2013
Valley, Al
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummamundo!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

About twice a year my wife and I visit the big city of Birmingham, usually involving some event at Barber Motorsports Park. Last fall I came across The Little Donkey on Trip Advisor. To be honest it sounded a little too cute. Looking further I found there was a connection between TLD and Jim and Nick's bar-b-q. That sold it for me. We've been three times now and we've thoroughly enjoyed each visit. Having lived in Southern California for a couple of decades, and then another one in Colorado, I can tell you that this is certainly not your average Mexican restaurant. But the food is excellent. It is, perhaps, what used to be referred to as yuppie-ish (give me a break, I'm an old man, I can't keep up with the current vernacular) but in a Mexican sort of way. I love the pinto beans, my wife loves the margaritas. We both love the service. Come early, the parking isn't so great.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Anthony M
“Lively and fun.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Food is good quality with reasonable prices. We go for the atmosphere and has nice outdoor seating. The staff is awesome, esp Marilyn!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank bstevens
Advance, North Carolina
“Southern Living Magazine endorsed!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were in Birmingham for the weekend, and I had read about The Little Donkey in the August edition of Southern Living Magazine. This little place was busy, busy, busy when we arrived, but we were seated as soon as we walked in. When we left, it was standing room only. In the Souther Living write-up, they recommended Brisket Taco, so that's what I ordered. It was absolutely delicious - smoked beef brisket, queso fresco, roasted poblano peppers and onions, topped with salsa arbol and fresh cilantro. My partner ordered Queso Fundido - smoked sausage, roasted poblano peppers, onion, Mexican oregano and garlic, melted together with a blend of cheese in cute little cast iron skillets served right out of the oven with home made tortillas, The presentation of their entrees was photo-worthy and our entire experience was one we won't soon forget. The wait staff was extremely nice and professional, and the decor of the restaurant was so interesting! Wish we lived closer because we would be regulars at this great little place. Thank you, Southern Living, for making this North Carolina girl aware of such a great place to dine while in Alabama.

• Visited August 2013