“Norman Bates type maintenance man!”

Super 8 Homewood Birmingham Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
USA
“Norman Bates type maintenance man!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

I haven't stayed in many hotels in my life and like them to be cheap. Super 8 generally fits the bill. I like this hotel but after staying at the Renaissance near OXMOOR the Super 8 in Homewood seems unacceptable. The carpet is not clean, the lighting has prevented me from preparing for my presentations the previous night, the WI-FI was not consistent and the breakfast ends too early.

The finally straw was the guy they sent to fix the shower. I think he stays at the hotel but it seemed creepy. I would stay here again but the LIGHTING (low) is unacceptable.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
, General Manager at Super 8 Homewood Birmingham Area, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
We thank you for your review. We apologize that we failed to meet your standards of excellence. We would love for you to give our Motel another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
manchester tn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

i had a big bug was in my room and they did nothing ask me if i wanted to move rooms.well no i have gotten rid of the bugs in this one im not an exterminator why kill all there infestion this is a bad news hotel do not stay here

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Homewood hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

If you like a filthy room, with plenty of DNA evidence, this could be your place. Seriously, it is dirty, the power went out just as I entered my room, the carpeting was soiled, the bathroom wasn't cleaned and was worn out. Not worth $25/night, much less the $55 or so I paid.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Thank your for your feedback. We apologize if the room was not up to the standard you expect from super 8. We would love to have another chance to serve you and hopefully change your mind about our hotel.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

Not much to rave about here. No major complaints but it just wasnt anything fancy. Could use some updating, hallways were old/musty. Bathroom was clean, but toilet was old and took forever to flush. Location was decent, an exit away from walmart, and we found a great dollar theater a few exits down as well. Internet and AC were great, breakfast was ok, but ended at 9am (too early!). would choose a different hotel if we returned to the area, as I was trying to find a deal, but wish I had found something nicer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your feedback. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

I have stayed at this motel every time I have had to be in the Birmingham area. I have always been treated with the highest reguards. Room was always clean and comfortable.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We thank you for your loyalty with our property and we'll see you soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

Well i was very surprise how nice super 8 was, clean, pleasant front Desk, Room was very clean my Room# 211 nice king size bed that slept well. overall i would come back. and i really enjoy talking to one front desk person, that was Sunday when i was leaving she told me there was another person who work there share my Name and she had cancer my prayer with her .Thank you for everything.

Jo Ann Malonson

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank zoejasper
We thank you for your review. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

There were several people hanging out in the parking lot...am not sure if they were homeless or what. The room was very old and had a small bathroom. The ceiling had brown spots. As we were going down the hallway in the morning, we saw a note on one of the doors that said they had moved to another room because of bugs. Breakfast was frozen waffles, dry cereal, and doughnuts. Ceiling in breakfast nook was very brown and partially repainted white patches. If we hadn't been traveling with a moving van and weren't so tired, we would have left immediately.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank epps43
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homewood
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#44 of 79 in Birmingham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood

Been to Super 8 Homewood Birmingham Area? Share your experiences!