Super 8 Homewood Birmingham Area
HotelHighland
$116
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskpolice patrollarge flat screen tvcontinental breakfastbirmingham areaclean bathroomprice rangesized bedfridge and microwavewi fiplenty of parkingwould stay here againthe breakfast areamotelbettyrajinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The location and condition of the hotel were horrible. There was no elevator and the property was filthy. Amazingly, my room was exceptionally clean, quiet and comfortable. I had reserved a non smoking King room that was not available when I checked in. The clerk offered no options and I had to ask if there was another room type available. There was a King suite but it was $20 more. That was the only way I was going to get a non-smoking room even though I had reserved that on the phone. I should not have to pay for an upgrade if my original room type is unavailable, especially as a Wyndham rewards member. Won't stay here again unless I'm desperate.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We arrived at the Super8 and were met by Ms. Betty. What a delight, very knowledgeable, very professional, very warm in her welcoming us to the Birmingham area. She is such a credit to this Super8. We also met Ms. Angela at the morning breakfast. She too is a great asset to the motel. She ensured all the guests were cared for and when asked went the extra step and made us feel more welcome.
The breakfast items were sufficient, ceral, waffles (toasted and hot), oak meal, coffee, juices, etc. Great starter ...... to get you on your way.
Our room was OUTSTANDING! We asked for a non-smoking room and that's exactly what Ms. Betty provided for us. Never a smell of smoke. The furniture was new, room very very clean and everything worked. What a wonderful experience.
The housekeeping staff was professional, polite and caring. The parking area was clean,well maintained and lighted.
We certainly recommend this Super8 to any traveler....our reason for being there was medical and we were only 3 exits from the route to the hospital. Very un-stressful to say the least. We were there for 3 days.

Room Tip: Ask for the lst floor....Room 106 is great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Breakfasts that are offered in hotels that I stay in are important to me, so if they are not important to you this hotel may serve you well. But if breakfast matters to you, you may want to consider somewhere else. This hotel sets out very small plates - I assume to discourage you from eating much at all, has no hot items, and uses lids for coffee cups that are very flimsy and would cause you to spill coffee in your car if you choose to take a cup with you for the road. Again, I assume that this is to discourage you from taking one with you. But the room was mostly nice, the exceptions being where they hammered blocks of wood into the wall to attach the shower curtain bar and other other other jerry-rigged bits and the fact that the air conditioner/ heater did not blow hot, or even lukewarm, air and the night my wife and I stayed it was chilly. But the decor and bed was nice and that is why the little negative items detracted from the overall quality of the room. But you do get a nice size microwave and fridge in the room, and that is always appreiated.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms on the ground floor face out onto trees and are therefore probably quieter than other rooms that face out to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business