“It is nicer than I expected for such a small place”

Courtyard Birmingham Homewood
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
Reviewed November 25, 2013

They have a nice, large-hotel-style lobby with a small bar for food and drinks, almost like you would get in a nice hotel but on a much smaller scale. The rest of the lobby is clean and modern with comfortable places to sit and watch TV or just relax. CJ at the front desk was very pleasant and, from the moment I tried to make my reservation, everyone was extremely helpful.

The room was nothing exciting, but it was in good repair, everything worked, and the beds were comfortable. Oh, and clean. Very clean.

Parking was fine during the day, but we discovered that when we got home late that we had to walk a ways around the building.

This would be about 3.5 stars on my personal, much harder, grading scale, but they got a bump for doing it all right. I recommend them.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Dan A, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and love to recongnize our staff. We will recognize CJ during our next stand up meeting from your kind words. Thanks again for the feedback and thank you for choosing Marriott!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Birmingham Homewood

Reviewed November 5, 2013

As per request of my grandfather who has Althimers, he wanted to go visit my brother in Birmingham this was the closest hotel to his home. we get there there was food all over the floor and under the coach bed. we notified the front desk (they did nothing) we tell them again in the morning about the disgusting food all over within a few hour of us visiting my brother we come back to our hotel room to discover bugs...(its late we go to sleep they said they didn't have another room) the next morning we take my grandpa to visist my brother and come back to the hotel. NOW THERE ARE BUGS IN THE BEDS AND TABLES AND ON THE PILLOW! We tell the front desk they said we called the exterminator company that all we can do. I said give us another room... 4 hours later we got another room.. they didnt help us moved or anything the MANAGER WAS RUDE and DIDNT CARE. We were horribly upset and my grandpa was in a very upset state to the point we had to cut our trip short and bring him home to see his dr. I contacted the HOTEL they said we are not going to do anything. we wont refund your money for one night. we dont see that we did anything wrong. When i booked the room i told them i was traveling with someone with special needs. They dont care if they ruin your trip... STAY ELSEWHERE... I Have pics and video of the hotel with bugs crawling on the beds and tables... I didn't swim but the poor was filthy with crap floating on the water....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BcSmith13

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay at our hotel this past summer. We obviously want to hear both the positive and also improvement areas our hotel has. I apologize regarding your experience as a whole and would love to try and speak with you about it and see what we can do to rectify anything and also apologize in person. I can be reached at (205) 879-0400. In the meantime you can rest assure that I will look into each aspect of your feedback and rectify as needed. Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is an awesome hotel. I stayed here for 5 nights for the Brookwood opening and the place is perfect. The check in was a breeze I had a great room. Everyone was so friendly. I really enjoyed my stay. There is only one elevator but that is ok plenty of parking did not have one complaint. Great for business travelers

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms near the elevator or the back corner those are the quiet ones
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Dan A, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us! We appreciated your business and are thrilled to have the brand new Fresh Market right out of our front door. My staff is an eqully excited having the Fresh Market to recommend to guests and appreciated your kind words on the service received while with our hotel. Please do not hesitate to see us agan when in the Birmingham area!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This Courtyard was just as great as the one in La Jolla, CA. From walking in to the modern lobby and greeting area to the service at the counter. We arrived late and received the exact room we were looking for. There was no parking available out front, and I parked my car curbside away from the entrance without anyone complaining. Very nice. The room was perfect temperature upon arrival, clean and the usual modern look that we have come to like so much. Slept very well without any noise. The next morning the bistro allowed us the luxury of grabbing a pear and walnut parfait and smoothie on our way out the door as we headed to the football game. The location is close by the 65 and right by some good restaurants as well. You can't go wrong with this hotel and I will choose it over any full service Marriott hotel elsewhere in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for you kind comments regarding your stay with us! We love to hear when all aspects of our guests stay goes well. Our staff loves the feedback and we continue to push to give the level of service and quality of product to come to find with Marriott. We would love to have you back when in Birmingham again whether it be to follow the Tide (RTR) or on business or othr pleasure travel. Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Myself and two other guys shared a room for a conference we were attending at Samford University. It was very close to Samford, as well as a shopping complex, restaurants, etc. We reserved this room by bidding on Priceline, and were given a room with one king bed and a sofabed. All sheets and pillows for the sofabed were in the room, and I would assess it a 5/10 on the comfortable scale (it is a sofabed). We didn't eat breakfast, as you had to pay for it ($3-$12) we were told, and opted for Chick-fil-A instead. The room was a bit small, but had a nice, large TV. It was also a huge hotel, and you had two walk all the way around it to get to the elevator, which was a bit odd. The staff who checked us in was not the most friendly, but got the job done. Overall, it was a good deal for a quick one-night stay, especially when booked through Pricleine. Not sure if it would have been worth it for us had we paid full price.

Room Tip: Anything above the first floor will require a long walk to the elevator, or a walk up stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg S

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay! We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us room to improve for future guests and increase our level of service. We love our location to Samford (Go Bulldogs!) and appreciate all the business it brings to our hotel. If you are ever in the area again we would love the opportunity to nail our service increse your loyalty to Marriott. We can even get you a specified room if needed just give any of our managers a call and we can pre-block your room. Thanks for chooing Marriott and we look forward to your future stays!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We booked this hotel on line and were not sure what to expext. Very nice well kept property, the staff were very pleasant, the rooms were clean and the out door areas were kept very clean. What more could you ask for! I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Thier rooms face out into the parking lot areas or in to the pool area, I would definitely request a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Dan A, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Good Day! Thank you so much for your kind words. We have shared your comments with our staff and they love to hear when their hard work is paying off. We strive to ensure our hotel is well kept and in good condition for all our guests and it sounds like we met those expectations with you. Thanks again for the comments and please visit us if you are in Birmingham again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a very nice stay at this Marriott. The room was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. The bed was superb resulting in a great night's sleep. The pool and outdoor seating areas were very nice and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Dan A, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

It was great to hear your comments on your stay with our hotel! We love our outdoor patio and pool area and our guests enjoy it each hot summer day here in the south. We strive to give the best service and product we can here at the Courtyard and I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed this. Please visit us again and thank you for choosing Marriott!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Homewood
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Mountain Brook
aloft Birmingham Soho Square
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham
Grand Bohemian Hotel Mountain Brook, Autograph Collection
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Grandview
Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood

Been to Courtyard Birmingham Homewood? Share your experiences!