“The Worst Stay I Have Ever Paid For” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Homewood
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
Illinois
“The Worst Stay I Have Ever Paid For”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

The staff at the front desk did not even say Hi. The Breakfast became confrontational when I couldn't fine an employee to ask for a tea bag. She finally appeared and found it in an unmarked drawer. She loudly for all to hear proclaimed her victory over the "person that cant find anything". She very abruptly told me that the waffle batter was "that's all there is" as she began washing stuff up. But then bur more out 15 minutes later. The stay was less than I had planned for.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I spent the night at the Homewood Country Inn and Suites while traveling during the Christmas Holidays. I had trouble finding the place, as my Tom Tom GPS unit had the wrong location for this The lobby was warm and inviting. Someone greeted me at the front desk immediately. He was pleasant and welcomed me to the hotel. He found me a room quickly. As I waled to the elevators I saw they had a small exercise room with a few treadmills and one small multi-purpose weight machine. There was also a business center, but I did not use either of them.

When I entered the room, I found it to be spotless and tidy. It was nicely decorated and spacious. The room had a nice, large tv, a desk, a sitting area and a kingsized bed. There was also a refrigerator and coffee maker. Wireless internet was free and easy to access from my laptop. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet allowing for a god night's rest. The bathroom was nicely stocked with shampoos and other toiletries. The shower was quite nice with marble walls and a nice large showerhead.

I took advantage of the free breakast. There was not much in the way of fruit--only a few apples and few over-ripe bananas. However, there were several types of cereal and oatmeal available, as well as eggs and ham and toast and bagels. There was a waffle iron so you could make your own waffles and there was a selction of coffee and juices. The dining room had plenty of tables and was clean. A tv in the corner had the local news playing.

My only complaint about this place was check-out. When I came down to check out there was no one at the front desk. I rang the bell several times but no one appeared. I waited for 4 or 5 minutes before a woman finally appeared. Once she arrived, check out was quick and painless and I was back on the road. I think that you get a lot for your money here at the Country Inns and Suites in Homewood and I would reccomend it to anyone lookind for a place to stay in Homewood.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank pecten56
Clayton, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here while my son visited Samford University. The hotel is brand new and convenient to campus and area restaurants. The room was clean as was the breakfast area. However, they use air freshener like crazy. We had to sleep with the window open because the smell was so strong. I called the manager to ask for a fan, but he only offered to spray more freshener to mask the odor (he didn't understand me) and suggested we sleep with the door open for better ventilation. Really!!! I left notes all over the room before leaving the next day requesting that they not spray freshener and ran the bathroom fan all day. We could still smell it, but not so strongly the second night. The breakfast is listed as hot, but it's really just a glorified continental breakfast with bacon and hashbrowns in a warmer, not a true hot breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT have air freshener sprayed in it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FamilyTravelsOften
Bergen County, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

We got a great deal sent to us by Club Carlson. I had been here before, but found it even better this time. Very clean, comfortable beds, quiet location. Every room has hypoallergenic pillows in the closet, so we didn't have to ask the staff to hunt them down. The wi-fi connection was fine and the business room was handy when we needed to print out boarding passes. My husband found the equipment in the exercise room to work well. Our room and the bathroom were large. The room included a fridge, microwave and a living area. The staff was much friendlier this time than when I was there during the summer. My only gripe is that I wish there was some more fresh fruit and some granola at breakfast. Most people aren't as picky as me and would find the breakfast choices adequate. I didn't use the pool, so I can't comment, but it did look quite clean.

Room Tip: This time I chose a king-suite and I had a larger and better furnished room than the last time, when...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel due to recommdations on line, and were completely satisified!! The staff were very friendly and helpful, even asking if our room was okay right after we checked in! Clean, smelled great, bed very comfortable, and very convenient to shopping, eating, etc. The room was huge and had a microwave and fridge. Very good selection of breakfast foods, even extra toppings, etc. for the waffles that I've not seen before.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BLM54
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

We paid almost $80 for the night, but it was worth it. Very clean, even pleasant smelling room and hotel. The whirlpool was cold, but that's expected for July. They had a hot breakfast, too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

Great hotel, very impressive. Roomy, pillows were awesome, hotel looked brand new. Staff wonderful!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ANDYTAC171
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homewood
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
Candlewood Suites Birmingham/Homewood

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Homewood? Share your experiences!