All reviews pool table within walking distance trendy hotel shops and restaurants great area fun place parking garage lobby bar sliding door business trip bed was comfortable flat screen tv indoor pool the room was nice birmingham wedding toys
Reviewed October 19, 2014

Arriving at this hotel, you can park behind or in front of the hotel. Check in was fast and efficient. The room is the standard Aloft room with a large king bed and work area and bathroom. Very comfortable overall and good for working in the room. Did not have room cleaned for a "green" initiative which gives extra benefits of points or meal coupons. A restaurant, Michael`s, is attached to the hotel. When I queried the Front Desk staff (young man) about local restaurants, he replied, "How would I know? I live 40 miles from here." Really surly and rude! Hotel is a good location and near many shops and dining venues. Would recommend to any business traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor which is quiet
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2014 via mobile

I arranged a group of 6 rooms here. The rooms were very nice and this hotel is in a great section of town to walk to a few other venues. The hotel has a nice bar. They have a unique cafe area that even made sandwiches, etc. No continental breakfast which was fine by me. The staff is very friendly and exceedingly helpful.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2014

As "seasoned" travelers we have been all over the world and this hotel reminded us of a mid level European hotel. The room was tight with a king size bed, but every space in the room was utilized. The lobby did not have carpet but was open and included games and a pool table. What really set this hotel apart was the staff. Dion on the front desk could multitask as well as anyone I have ever seen. He answered questions, printed receipts and gave directions all with a smile. Off to the side of the lobby they serve breakfast. Although the menu is limited it is cooked to order and has good selections. They also offer an espresso machine and outstanding house coffee. All in all a very pleasant stay geared to the under 40 crowd.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel in an upper level for a quiet night's sleep
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2014

We stayed here on a Thursday night. Check-in was a breeze. The staff was very professional & courteous. The room was spotless & the bed comfortable. My only regret was that we weren't staying longer. When traveling through this area again next year; we will be staying here.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at aloft Birmingham Soho Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2014

Dear KellyCord,
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you had a great stay with us and loved our comfortable guest rooms. Providing superior service to our guests is very important to our team, so we are thrilled you received this quality of service from our friendly team. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again very soon. All the best.

Reviewed October 3, 2014

Perhaps my review should be better as the staff was great and the location suited me well; however, the style of the Aloft brand is likely not my style (open airy lofts that are loud as the noise carries). I also don't like the separate unit style AC units - but other than the things that likely can't be changed my stay was good.

Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business