All reviewspool tablewithin walking distancetrendy hotelshops and restaurantsgreat areafun placeparking garagelobby barsliding doorbusiness tripbed was comfortableflat screen tvindoor poolthe room was nicebirminghamweddingtoys
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I stay in lots of Marriott-type hotels for business, and they all look the same after a while. This one is different. I loved the modern, sleek style of the rooms and lobby. The food mart was just enough for breakfasts on the go - and I appreciated having the option. The bar/restaurant area is very modern and cool with comfortable seating. The rooms were clean with all the amenities you need - including free bottles of water. The gym was clean and had what you need for basics. I would definitely go back. My only 2 minor criticisms are: (1) the walls are a bit thin - I could hear the people next to me having late night (albeit quite loud) conversations; (2) They folded the comforter back so the sheets were exposed & then put the decorative pillows on top of them. I don't like it when hotels put decorative pillows (which always end up on the floor) on the sheets you are going to sleep on. I hope they'll change this practice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our first visit to Birmingham. We travel extensively and expected a nice comfortable hotel. There was a group outside four stories down that despite 5 calls to the desk, remained loud and obnoxious for over 3 hours. This is a new hotel and the windows leaked during the rain all over the desks were the computers were, the pool was full of screaming unaccompanied children, and the staff was largely non responsive. Would not recommend this hotel. Complained again at check out, no reaction at all from the front desk.
On a positive note, I would recommend the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My Partner and I stayed at the Aloft Birminghan and we had to change rooms from the condo side to the city side and this added to a Great time. We had dinner in the area and took a night swim in the hotel workout area which was vey nice. Amanda was Simply the Best, but she needed some help with the phones ringing off the hook.
WE WILL RETURN! This was our Birthday weekend and what a great get away from Atlanta! The Soho area is Cool! David-Michael & John

Room Tip: Rooms on the City side facing SoHo & Vulcan Park!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David-Michael S
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Nice Hotel in Cute area with nice little shops around it... Typical Aloft... not in downtown but I prefer this part of Birmingham. Bliss products in the bathroom... small fridge... very clean and I slept well. Indoor free parking.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stayed at Aloft for a family event over the Thanksgiving weekend. We had four generations staying in 3 rooms. Each room was modern and very clean and well appointed. The management fulfilled my request to have all the rooms on the same floor -- actually right next to each other.
We enjoyed the lobby area especially the pool table. Ample parking, but the hotel was not full so that could be a problem during a busy time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family