“READ BEFORE STAYING horrible customer service.”
Review of Express Inn

Express Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hartselle
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Express Inn for two nights. We drove five hours from Mobile to get there. It was convenient for us because it is close to his National Guard unit, and he had to work all day there for two days. The hotel was moderately clean considering the price we paid I did not complain about the small things, such as dirty carpets, dirty baseboards, etc. The wifi was decent. Although the hotel was obviously not filled to capacity, they gave us a room right next to the ice machine, and we had to hear the loud noises from it all through the night and into the early hours of the morning.

The first night, a car alarm kept going off about three times, around 11 o'clock at night, Each time my husband would get up and check to make sure it was not our car being broken into. After the third time, the hotel staff had the nerve to call our room and disturb us AGAIN to ask if it is our car. When we said no, they actually asked US to go out there and get the cars tag number in THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! Can you believe that? I still can't.

After the second night, I went to the front desk to see if I could get a later check out, considering I am not from the area and I had no where to go until my husband was released from duty. After ringing the bell and waiting several minutes, the associate finally came out who had obviously been sleeping in the back, to let me know that, No, I need to be out by 12. I would understand if the hotel wasn't a ghost town and hardly any one even there, I guess because it kinda sucks. The pool is tiny and only has 2 chairs. The bed was very firm and noisy when you move, and I woke up with a back ache after the second night (and I never have back issues) The hotel is right on the main highway and it is very loud during all hours.

Although the price is good, I was very disappointed in the customer service. The "continental breakfast" includes cereal and no milk, coffee, and store brand muffins. On top of that, there is a sign that says DO NOT TAKE FOOD BACK TO YOUR ROOM. I was hoping to find a decently priced motel to stay at every time I go to Harselle, but I will not be going back to this hotel. If your thinking about staying at Express Inn, you might want to keep looking if you want to be treated with respect you deserve.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you next to the ice machine, There is no door to block the noise and it is LO...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank VMilstead
jaymuke, Owner at Express Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

thank you for staying with us in past I appreciate your business. I am sorry that u had some problem unfortunately u get the room next to ice machine and it was summer time and ice machine runs more than usual . Sorry for the breakfast but we just give continental breakfast and the milk was in the Fridge underneath the microwave. The sign we put not to take in the room because we had very bad experience several times people take in the rooms and just waste it or milk and juice all over by night stand. Next time u come ask for Jaya n she will take good care. Once again Sorry for the inconvenience you had with us.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Hi
we stayed 3 nights and we really enjoyed it . we are retired and we travel to all different places . This is the first hotel i have seen which is really nice and clean very very clean. cleanliness is maintain in rooms and even in parking lot. The young lady at the Front desk is so sweet and nice. i made reservation online and really appreciate we got it what we need. The rooms are much more better than a Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn and is much cheaper rates. Service is awesome. People are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pakidishi
jaymuke, Manager at Express Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for your business in the past and we look forward to see u in future trip.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Their internet price was $63 for a standard King bed, but when we called the woman said the Price was $89.99. So we got it on Kayak for $53. We booked the room thru kayak, but when we got to Express Inn 3hrs later the hotel had gave our room away because she could make an extra $36. Then they told us they didn't have another king bed so they put us in a rm w/2 full sz beds. I got king for a reason. So after 45min-1hr on phone w/kayak the hotel tells us they have a king bed just not non-smoking...hello!

Room Tip: just don't book with Express Inn @ this location..it's a fraud
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZABRINAG

Thank you for staying with us . i appreciate your business. Sorry for the trouble you have to face. we suddenly get busy that day n when u make reservation thru online they never send us right away. We have never sell our rooms for $89.99 that might be some with marketing agency. If you call to the Hotel directly our rates are $65--$75 in summer.Once again really very sorry for what happen.

Reviewed February 21, 2009

We were traveling to the Space Center in Huntsville and the rooms there were astronomically priced. This Express Inn is only about 30 minutes away from Huntsville, and although it isn't right on the interstate, it isn't far, and it's worth the little extra travel time. The room was clean and quiet, and the staff very helpful. The breakfast was limited, but for us it was sufficient - cereal and honey buns. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank GASingingMan

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your business. Sorry for responding you very very late.
Merry Christmas. You have wonderful day.

Reviewed October 4, 2007

my husband and two sons stayed there last year before heading off the the Nascar race in Talledega. We don't need anything fancy and for the price they said it was very nice. It was clean and neat and near places to eat if you needed something.

Only thing bad was that the pool was closed already, first week in Oct. but for Michigan people heading down to the warm south, they were hoping it would be open. They hope it will be open this year.

But they liked it so much they are going back again this weekend for the 2007 Nascar race and will do so for as long as they head down south. Third son joining them again this year.

Parking lot was full for the night they were there, so other people must like it too. Good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank pokeyzuzu

sorry for responding after a long long time. Thank You for staying with us. I appreciate your business
We will look forward to see u in future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartselle
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cullman
Best Western Fairwinds Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#9 of 18 in Decatur
Days Inn Cullman
Days Inn Cullman
#8 of 10 in Cullman

Been to Express Inn? Share your experiences!