“Fantastic Surprise”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hanceville
Huntington, Indiana, United States
“Fantastic Surprise”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We came to the Comfort Inn in Hanceville Alabama hoping for a mediocre stay based on the previous reviews I had read. Boy were we surprised! Our room was fantastic. Unlike other reviewers I am happy to report the air was on and the room was nice and cool. Our room was also immaculately clean as was the lobby and the pool. Our bed was not quite as comfortable as our bed at home, but both my husband and I slept well and didn't wake up sore. The staff was considerate, helpful, and friendly. Breakfast was fine - typical hotel breakfast, but there was plenty of it. With Hanceville being such a small town, our stay was nice and quiet. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Rebecca G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Hanceville over Christmas break for a basketball tournament at Wallace St. I was leery of staying here after reading posted comments. However, our experience was great. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Except for a screaming baby across the hall, our stay was great. I was a little disappointed that we didn't have a refrigerator in our room and the breakfast was typical of most hotels- not exciting, but since the most important thing to me is cleanliness- I was satisfied. I liked the location and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tras99
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed June 30, 2012

After a terrible day of air travel, I checked in at 11pm. I opened the door to the room and the heat just rolled out the door. They had the A/C on fan only. It was sooooo hot in the room that the mattress was hot. It took until 3am before the room got cool.

In the morning, things did not get any better, the waffle iron tore up my waffle. The eggs were cold in the center and the gravy had about run out.

I stay in Choice hotels over 40 nights per year and this place ranks as one of the worst three that I have ever stayed in just ahead of the Clarion Hotel in Jackson, MS

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Road_Warrior_Midwest

Travelers are raving about these Hanceville hotels

Locust Grove, Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

First time at this hotel. We were checked into a dirty room upon arrival. Floor needed vacuuming and something black and gross was under the bathroom vanity. Wallpaper was separating at seams, looked very bad. We requested a new room, and were moved. This room also needed vacuuming and found a hair on the bathroom floor, but stayed anyway. The desk agent was kind enough to vacuum the room for us and brought room freshener. The a/c is off when you enter the room, which is hot and does not smell fresh. The next day upon our return, the room had not been serviced. Was asked if the DND sign was left on the door. We had removed it when we left, and the room attendant was still on duty because the cart was in the hallway. Next morning, the sink stopper broke. The desk agent also had to repair this herself. Switch on floor lamp broken, broken wall sconce and light bulb out. The desk agents have to run the front desk, do laundry, sometimes be maintenance, and service the breakfast bar all at the same time. Good things: the front desk does communicate between shift changes, since my requests were fulfilled. The bed was comfortable, and we slept well. However, did notice walls seem to be thin, as we could hear bits of conversation coming from rooms next to us. The owner was present when we requested a room change at check-in, and was attentive and apologetic. This is an older hotel, in need of some updates. Carpet was fraying at room doors, and hallway carpet on first floor needed vacuuming. Not sure if we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TeacupGirl
Chapala, Mexico
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a nice lttle stop and with enough Choice Hotel points we were able to book a free night with no problems. Jeanie, who works the night shift, was a great help with suggestions for a place to eat and directions on how to get to the local shrine. Tthe morning free breqakfast was the worst I have ever had. The biscuits were so hard on the bottom you could not eat them and the sausage gravy was drying up on the hot plate. There were no more cooked eggs and the waffle iron tore up as you took them out.

I finally gave up and went to Mc Donalds 2 blocks down.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pilgrim45900
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I was travelling through the area and found this hotel. My room was very clean, including the bathroom. The bedding was spotless and fresh. For just the night's stay, it was very comfortable. The evening clerk was very friendly and helpful when I checked in; however, when I checked out, the morning clerk was not so friendly. I usually have trouble sleeping in a strange location/bed...but the bed here was very comfortable and I was able to get a very good night's rest. I would stay here again should I be in this area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Dallas-0-Dallas
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The staff is very friendly and helpful, however this particular hotel has several policies in place that do not seem to conform with the Choice Hotels chain. Namely, they instruct their housekeeping staff to turn the air conditioning OFF after they clean the room. Since this hotel is located in Alabama, and the average temperature in the summer is 95 degrees, you can imagine what the room is like upon your return. The carpet is dirty and needs to be replaced, and there were USED shampoo bottles in the shower. When my husband asked for a newspaper, the front desk staff person gave him one, but had to remove the coupons first per instructions from the hotel manager / owner. Evidently, they have an austerity program in place that should not be applicable for a hotel room that goes for $99/night. As I stated, never again at this location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mamaleigh57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanceville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cullman
Best Western Fairwinds Inn
Days Inn - Oneonta AL
Days Inn - Oneonta AL
#1 of 1 in Oneonta

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!