“Buttahatchee BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
FAYETTE
“Buttahatchee BBQ”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a good family restaurant to visit. It has a wide variety of items on the menu from chicken, pork, beef and fish. Salads are good too. I believe you will like it.

Visited March 2012

Pelham, Tennessee
“Average.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is within walking distance of the Key West Inn where we stayed. We tried it for lunch. It was average at best. They only offer pork so no brisket which disappointed my husband. I ordered the grilled chicken breast dinner which comes with two sides. The house salad was good with the usual toppings plus black olives which I wasn't crazy about but of course easy to remove. The grilled chicken was moist and was seasoned with lemon-pepper. It was good and the crinkle cut fries were not over cooked or greasy. However, my husband ordered the pork plate. He said that it had to be the worst pork he's ever had. It was dry and the sauce on the side had a very heavy vinegar flavor. The potato salad was tasteless and he only ate two bites. It was a shame his cost $13 with tip. He did say the sweet tea was very good. The service was efficient and friendly. They were very busy but the food arrived in a timely manner. I would eat again but I wouldn't get the BBQ which is rather odd considering it is a BBQ place.

Lebanon, Tennessee
“Locals told us is the BEST restaurant in town !”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We didn't even TRY any other restaurant, so we'll have to agree. They are located right around the corner from The Key West Inn off I-22 (US 78) so it was VERY convenient for our 1-day visit.

The do their slaw differently than I've ever had before ... and it's great. We ordered take-out for 6 people, so sauces were given separately from the meats and slaw. They mix the coleslaw right before serving so it's fresh, not soggy. They shave the cabbage Angel hair thin, served with a pink dressing that's not too sweet, and has a little kick. Really Really, good!

The baby back ribs were meaty, but well done; the pulled pork is chopped fine and the chicken with white BBQ sauce different - all tasty. Only being open at night a couple days a week (we were there on a Saturday) they were full, but had great service. Many had called in their orders ahead of time which would be wise - our wait was a good 45 minutes as we just walked in.

A church group had purchased every one of their home made pies for a gathering, so we weren't able to try them, but if they are anything like the sauces & BBQ, I'll bet they are delicious.

We will make a special effort to stop at Buttahatchee BBQ the next time we are in the area, or even just passing thru.

• Visited December 2011