“One the best in the area.”

Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Guntersville
Greenville, South Carolina
“One the best in the area.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and quite. The best option for a hotel that I found in the area. Would recommend! Hate that I missed the karaoke the night I was there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeremy R
BWLGUNTER, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel! We hope you will return soon for another visit, we do appreciate your business!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I recently attended a wedding in Guntersville, so I stayed at the Best Western because they offered the Government rate for personal travel.

Positives:
Room was very clean and had a microwave and refrigerator.
Front desk staff was pleasant.
Lakeview was beautiful.

Negatives:
At check-in, I gave my name and that's it. The receptionist did not ask to see my license, gov't id, or credit card. She simply took my name and gave me keys.
The room doors are accessible to the outside. If I had known that prior to making the reservation, I would not have stayed there. I prefer inside rooms.
Our room faced Highway 431. The traffic noise was unbelievable! The windows and door did nothing to block out the traffic and outside noise. It was like we were sleeping outdoors. The traffic noise was so bad that I could barely sleep that night. This is what caused me to give them a poor rating.
The bugs on the outside were awful. Spiders and flying creatures were everywhere.
At check-out, I gave my name and room number and that's it. The receptionist did not ask to see my credit card or anything. I walked out of there with the gov't rate and never had to prove who I was or that I was the owner of the credit card on file.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms on the lakeside are probably more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BWLGUNTER, Manager at Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry about the noise problem you had during your stay with us. We try hard to make your stay a Pleasant experience and we let you down. I truly hope you will give us another chance to earn your business!
Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

On a whim, we decided to visit the Best Western in Guntersville, AL. We got a lakeview King bed room. It was very roomy and clean. We chose this hotel because it allows large dogs to visit for a small fee, $20 per night. It is a quiet and peaceful vacation hotel. Very busy on the weekends. It is very close to the highway, so it is very important to stay on lakeside of the building. Very noisy road, but we could not hear it on our side of the hotel. It was great to be able to fish off the pier or just sit and enjoy the sunset. The only negative is that housekeeping is very slow to react to requests. We had a door malfunction and it took about a hour to get some help to get the door open. Very courteous and nice, but not in a hurry.

Room Tip: Lakeside is the best side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alabama
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I just came home from another stay at Best Western on the beautiful Lake Guntersville. This was our third or fourth stay and we just love it. The staff is very friendly, the place is spotless and the rooms are spacious and up to date. I also love where it is located.

I always book a room on the ground floor on the lake side because my husband and my son love to fish on their pier. They have a very nice pool area and a play ground for the children too. They also have a restaurant on site, which is nice. Since we are members of their rewards program we were given certificates for a free breakfast for all of us for each day that we were there. I'm not talking cereal and toast either. It was a full course breakfast including our drinks as well. The service was great too, and the food was cooked to order and very tasty.

For all of you who fish, it's a fun place for that too. The pier has nice benches, and we have always caught several fish. There is also a boat launch there with a pier on both sides. I noticed that there are power hookups in the parking lot for charging the boat battery too, which is nice. There is a store right next door that has bait too.

There are tables and chairs to sit in and enjoy the beautiful view of the water. There are also grills by the ground floor rooms.

If you are thinking about staying here, I really think you would enjoy it as much as we did. We will be going back again!

Room Tip: We love to be on the ground floor, lake side. Room number 20 or less are in a better location.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and our staff. We look forward to your visit with us in the near future. Thanks for your business.
Moody, Alabama
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for my husband's 30th birthday. The hotel was very nice and quiet. It is right on the water. There are boat docks and piers for you to fish from and park your boat or Jet Ski at. The hotel is very centrally located in Guntersville and very easy to get in and out of. The staff was very nice and if you sign up (its free) for the Best Western rewards club you get free breakfast coupons for the restaurant that is attached to the hotel. The food was good too! The beds were very comfy and they have a great pool. We went the week of July 4th and I expected it to be crowded and hard to park but we never had any issue with parking and they have a security staff watching the parking lot at night. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a good safe place with a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lake side room. They have their own patio set and a beautiful view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheGuys2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 4, 2012

From the totally renovated, all-new rooms .... to the friendly, helpful staff ..... to the excellent, world-class restaurant ... we thoroughly enjoyed our stay .... and look forward to our next visit! This is BY FAR the nicest place in Guntersville!!

Room Tip: Lake-view rooms on the upper (second) floor are best!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ellechamp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guntersville
Hampton Inn Guntersville
Econo Lodge Boaz
Econo Lodge Boaz
#1 of 3 in Boaz
Lake Guntersville Bed and Breakfast

Been to Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville? Share your experiences!