“Nice Location - just don't eat here”

Lake Guntersville Resort State Park
Ranked #10 of 65 Restaurants in Guntersville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This restaurant is located in the Lodge of Lake Guntersville State Park and seats over 341 people.
Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Location - just don't eat here”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went here with rather low expectations - because of some of the reviews I read. It was a waste of time and money. Our party of 9 was all disappointed and did not finish any of their meals. Needless to say, no one ask for a take away box. The service was fine - but that did not make up for the food.

The lodge itself is a gem. The views from the deck - connected to the restaurant are fantastic.

1 Thank stillmk

Tupelo, MS
“Just ok”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The restaurant was very spacious and had a wonderful view. We ate dinner there on the 26th. The waitress had a lot to be desired. She messed up my granddaughter's order, but it was quickly fixed. The salad bar was very mediocre. The food was pretty good. At breakfast the next morning, once again my granddaughter's order did not get placed and we were almost through with our meal before she got her breakfast. The service is very slow and they were not busy.

1 Thank msbelle
ARAB, AL
“food great..service awful”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

they don't seat people fair. the food was great. but our poor waitress was way over her limit and the waiter not

Visited June 2013
1 Thank THOMPSON9203
Anniston, Alabama
“Sunday brunch was terrible”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I decided to do Sunday brunch at the lodge this past week. The food is not good at all, especially for the $16/plate price tag.

There were NO breakfast foods at all on the buffet (no sausage, bacon, potatoes... nothing)- just cooked-to-order eggs, which I think most people weren't aware of, because they were only advertised on a tiny sign off to the right of the kitchen area.

The ribs were un-edible, and the fried chicken was so dry it seemed like it was cooked days before and reheated. You are clearly paying for the view, and not the food.

2 Thank Eric0318
Alabama
“Just OK Food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went here for dinner this past Friday night. I had the seafood buffet which was just OK. Some items were tasty and others not so. Daughter had alfredo pasta, which she liked. Wife had grilled chicken with mashed potatoes. She enjoyed her meal. This is the second time that I've eaten here and I wish the food was more enjoyable. The view is awesome and the service was very good.

• Visited May 2013