“Just ok”

Lake Guntersville Resort State Park
Ranked #8 of 65 Restaurants in Guntersville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This restaurant is located in the Lodge of Lake Guntersville State Park and seats over 341 people.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The restaurant was very spacious and had a wonderful view. We ate dinner there on the 26th. The waitress had a lot to be desired. She messed up my granddaughter's order, but it was quickly fixed. The salad bar was very mediocre. The food was pretty good. At breakfast the next morning, once again my granddaughter's order did not get placed and we were almost through with our meal before she got her breakfast. The service is very slow and they were not busy.

1  Thank msbelle

Reviewed June 21, 2013

they don't seat people fair. the food was great. but our poor waitress was way over her limit and the waiter not

1  Thank THOMPSON9203
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I decided to do Sunday brunch at the lodge this past week. The food is not good at all, especially for the $16/plate price tag.

There were NO breakfast foods at all on the buffet (no sausage, bacon, potatoes... nothing)- just cooked-to-order eggs, which I think most people weren't aware of, because they were only advertised on a tiny sign off to the right of the kitchen area.

The ribs were un-edible, and the fried chicken was so dry it seemed like it was cooked days before and reheated. You are clearly paying for the view, and not the food.

2  Thank Eric0318
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went here for dinner this past Friday night. I had the seafood buffet which was just OK. Some items were tasty and others not so. Daughter had alfredo pasta, which she liked. Wife had grilled chicken with mashed potatoes. She enjoyed her meal. This is the second time that I've eaten here and I wish the food was more enjoyable. The view is awesome and the service was very good.

1  Thank gatdaddy3
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We rode the motorcycle in on a Saturday evening. Were a little concerned with the overflowing parking lot, but realized this place is big enough for multiple events. We did not make a reservation (which is unlike me) but were fortunate enough to get the LAST bluffside room. The view was great!! We ate at the restaurant. The food was fair. Our server, Shay, was great!! Had a great Cosmo in the bar! Thanks Debbie. And thanks for the great conversation!! We strolled around the grounds & checked out the chalets. Be careful when reserving one. Several of the views are obstructed by the trees. The pool was nice although it was too cool to swim in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We really liked the many areas throughout the lodge where you could sit on a comfy couch and kinda be alone. A nice homey touch!! All that being said, we already have reservations to take the kids and Grands back there......for a few days!! :)

1  Thank TnPuddy