“Great food and service”

Wintzell's Oyster House
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Guntersville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I've eaten at several locations of this Mobile chain. It is consistent at each. I took 2 customers to lunch. All had gumbo which was deep flavored and lots of seafood in it. I had the seafood platter which is a very large meal. One had the Blackened Talipia which he enjoyed, and the other had the salmon salad,with a very large piece of salmon cooked medium rare, just as he ordered. The entrees come with a side of your choice. Excellent server who knew the menu perfectly.

1  Thank Bill E

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Im spoiled after my time in Mobile. Food was decent. The oysters are definitely the best choice. I live about 30 minutes from here, and can't say i'd make a special trip. My waitress was hot, so there's that...

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The oysters were excellent as was the service. It was a nice view overlooking the lake. Our meals were also excellent. We will absolutely go back again.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

In town for the night, I went to Wintzells for a couple of beers. I was pleased to find Sweetwater 420 on tap. Bartender Susan was awesome (and cute!). After a few beers and watching food go out, I ordered a Low Country Boil. It was a wonderful collection of steamed shrimp, smoked sausage, corn on the cobb and new potatoes. Got to meet GM, Ron. He was most hospitable and knows a LOT about college football. Prices were reasonable. Bathrooms we're clean. Right on the lake with a beautiful view. All around great value.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This regional chain store is well run with well prepared fresh seafood.
Not chef quality fare but superior to national chains. The staff at this location are well trained professionals attentive to customer needs.

Very nice lakeside deck!