“Stunning achievement for such a little known local”
Review of Sunset Bar and Grille - CLOSED

Sunset Bar and Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the finest dinning experience of our year long trek throughout N. Alabama at the Sunset. We ordered several dishes that, honestly were the best we've ever had and being prepared in the same place made the experience all the more remarkable. The mignon, shrimp scampi and alfredo were spectacular and so was the service. We did indeed receive the royal treatment. We had an opportunity to speak with the owner who was delightful and served us personally answering our questions as to how she came about some of the recipes we enjoyed, very interesting story behind that by the way. We don't get around much anymore but the Sunset remains the only eatery we still long for after all that travel and it was the only one that was not an intended destination.

1  Thank Summer H

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We dined there recently with some friends. While the drinks were good, (how can you mess up Jack Daniels on the rocks?), the food was mediocre and lacking in imagination. Also, the wait time for the poor food was excessive. When questioned about it, the servers said there was a new computer system. I guess the computers also prepared the food. This place offers poor food and service. We will not return.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

A pleasant surprise to find a restaurant of this calibre in Guntersville.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I met 4 friends for dinner and we all ordered something different so we could share.
I had the salmon which was outstanding. Between us we had mahi-mahi, shrimp, tuna, and steak. All grilled to perfection and really terrific. We all had the asparagus and some sort of potato. The sides were outstanding as well. I was telling another friend and she said we had to go back and try the "coffee rub steak". Her family has cattle and she knows good beef, so even though this sounds strange to me, I can't wait to try it. She said she and her husband think it's the best steak they have had. I can't recommend this place highly enough. And the water views are beautiful. Don't be put off by the fact it's inside a Best Western and from the road doesn't really show off how nice it is.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Ate there four nights. Two the food was overcooked and two correct. Service was a little slow and there was an appearance of panic with the servers. Excellent view of the lake.