“Nice state park”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Guntersville
Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Guntersville
“Nice state park”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Great views, big lake, nice mountains, grand lodge, restaurant with good food, clean spacious rooms.
The big lake was good for fishing, swimming, and boating of all kinds.
canoeing, kayaking, pontune, water skiing, jet ski.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
TN
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had a great visit...room was clean & nice...staff was helpful. We really enjoyed talking to Debbie, the bartender. At the restaurant, Shay was our server...did a fine job. We did order from the menu...no problem (as another traveler stated in an earlier review). We did peek in the windows of an empty chalet. Nice. The grounds were well kept. We are going back with fam. The 'sons' will golf and the rest of us hope to enjoy the pool. And it is motorcycle friendly. They even have a printed brochure of a ride. I HIGHLY recommend this place.

Room Tip: We got the last bluffside room and the view was still great. Be sure to get bluffside. Great view of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TnPuddy
Salem, Alabama
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I went this past May for my birthday. We both share a passion for bass fishing and we had a great time despite windy conditions first day, rainy the second. Loved the chalet and the fire place. the view was great overlooking the lake. we had the seafood buffet and it was wonderful. some of the best seafood i have had in a while. thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank margie s
Greenwood, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great view and a great setting along with a nicely renovated lodge make a good impression but the service and the physical condition are sub par. Only two of the twenty or so chalets have been renovated. The rest are still in Circa 1970's condition. The food service is geared toward a constant buffet of pre-fab fried items and canned vegetables. Ordering off the menu appears to be an unhittable curve ball for the kitchen staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank stuartII
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The views were so spectacular and the area was serene. I can't wait to go back! Oh, and the dining experience, in the bar, was fantastic! We didn't venture into the restaurant as we made a connection with our bartender. She was awesome! Our room was very clean and comfortable upon our arrival. Housekeeping did a wonderful job ensuring we had plenty of clean linen and bath products. The staff in general couldn't have been more attentive. I have nothing but high praise for the venue!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank kcisme
GARLAND
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I traveled to the Lake Guntersville Lodge for a triathlon. The park is well maintained and the lodge is impressive. Exposed beams and rustic furniture greeted me. The staff was friendly and my room had a great lake view. I did not specifically ask for a lake view room, but I'm so glad i got one. The room was large with two Queen beds and the usual amenities. There was a small patio with a table and chairs and a great view. The lodge sits about a hundred feet above the lake and the view from the room was great. It rained, so even though i brought my clubs, I did not get a chance to try the golf course, but the greens fees were reasonable. I had one lunch and one dinner in the lodge and both were fine. Friday night was an all you can eat fish buffet with both ocean and freshwater fish, a salad bar and dessert for about 18.00.

The park is laced with hiking trails for both the novice and advanced hiker and the rain broke long enough on friday for me to try a few. For my triathlon on Saturday, the temp dropped to the 40s and the rain began Friday night and didn't stop until late Saturday, making for a memorable and miserable race, but I had a great stay at the Lodge and recommend it highly

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JLee565
Eastaboga
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our room was very clean and super quiet. The lodge is gorgeuos and the views from the 2 balconies overlooking Lake Guntersville are spectacular! We drove down to the beach and campgroud area to see the deer that roam freely there and we weren't disappointed. We always enjoy staying at the lodge and look forward to going back soon. It was a very romantic date night for me and my husband.

Room Tip: The bluff side rooms offer wonderful views, but staying on the parking lot side is less expensive...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guntersville
Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville
#4 of 4 in Albertville
Quality Inn Arab
Quality Inn Arab
#1 of 1 in Arab

Been to Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge? Share your experiences!