Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
$119
GULF SHORES, AL(Gulf Shores)
$80
$139
$135
$110
$132
Quality Inn(Gulf Shores)
$149
Hampton Inn Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$149
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$159
Staybridge.com
$294
BestWestern.com
All reviewsmovie theatercourtyard by marriottfront desktypical courtyardtanger outletquiet hoteldouble queenroom was largesouthern hospitalityone night stayfree breakfastconvenient locationnice poolshort drivenice staychecking inwalking distance
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I actually won a 2 night stay at the hotel and was able to get a really great discount on a 3rd night through my work. We got to the hotel and was very pleased. The room was very clean and the check in was simple, however the next morning I received a call from the "so sweet" clerk from the night before explaining that my credit card was not accepting 200.00 charge. I tried to explain to the lady that we should not be charged anything as I didn't owe anything. She wouldn't even listen and told me that the General manager would be in touch with me and hung up.
So I pulled out my email confirmations and went to the front desk and she still wouldn't even look at the emails and pointed me in the direction of her supervisor. Well I was happy to talk to her. She actually read my email and was trying to figure it out when the first lady butted in and had another smart comment about me not understanding. By this time we had to get the general manager out to resolve the issue.
This was just a computer glitch and I understand that, however, the clerk up front did not have to act the way she did. If you are going to be dealing with the public you should be able to have a decent discussion anytime issues arise.
Other than that incident the hotel was great.

Room Tip: The hotel is only about 3 story's. If I would have known that I wouldn't have requested a low floor. I thought that it may have been larger.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Lvaughn26,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us in Gulf Shores. We value our guests feedback and utilize the comments to improve our service.

I apologize for the issue you experienced and am glad we were able to rectify the situation. I will certainly discuss our approach to customer service with our Front Desk team to ensure we exceed our customers expectations each and every time.

Thank you for choosing to stay with The Courtyard by Marriott Gulf Shores at Craft Farms and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in our area. Please reach out to me directly when travel brings you back to Gulf Shores. Thanks again for your feedback about our property.

Best Regards,
Noelle Hall

Reviewed June 28, 2012

After reading the reviews before our trip we were a bit mix on how our stay would be. However after our stay I am here to report all a positive experience!
The staff is very friendly and greet you when you come and go each time with a smile. The staff is a happy group from the maids to the maintenance, always ready to serve you and your needs with out an attitude.
Something that is hard to come by here in San Diego.
The room was very clean ( lamp shade a bit dusty) and fresh smelling, kinda like walking into a Tommy Bahamas.
No spiders or bugs to report and the computer area was very nice and spacious.
The gym was small but did offer an elliptical as well as weights and treadmills. No real room to stretch though.
Our needs were met as we had asked for a quiet room since we were there for business and not vacation.
The bed was a bit soft for our liking but no real issue.
Location was great as it provides a nice walking area and short distance to a few nice restaurants, ElliBistro, Kitty's Kafe, a mexican and japanese place. After a long 10 hour work day this is very convenient.
Wonderful improvement if the other reviews were accurate. Will return next time in town. Thank you Marriott for making our stay a pleasant one. =}

Room Tip: We were right by the ice machine , but never hear the hallway noise due to the design of the room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Suzy41
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here in the off season at got a $75.00 per night rate. It was convenient to everything. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We usually don't like to stay in mid-level hotels (more B & B types) but needed to be in Gulf Shores for a wedding and so we found ourselves at the Courtyard. The room was completely re-modeled and there was simply nothing to complain about. Spent little time at the hotel other than to sleep, so didn't use any of the hotel services like the pool (never even saw it), but the room was absolutely fine and much nicer than any hotel of this classification that I have ever stayed at in the past.

Would certainly look at other Courtyards if they were like this one!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank oxfordman
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Very comfortable room and plenty of ammenities. Hotel is ideally situated to take the North shuttle for Hangout Festival. Walk out the door to the parking lot of the movie theatre. Hotel had recent makeover so it is the new style of Courtyard. Refreshing pool, Starbucks coffee and a grocery store right next door. We never used the car the whole time we were there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends